Jump to content

Randomness: the 18th sequel


Chaoswolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But a delicious one. 

I've always wondered what monsters taste like in d&d. There a few manga out there that talk about food prep, speculation monster meat and what equivalency they are to reality, and what races should be able to handle the negative effects. 

 

Can you imagine fried chicken equivalent from a roc?? So much batter needed. 

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Yeah... Two of the things that make my blood pressure rise and my eyes roll. :devil:

Right?

 

Now, personally I theorize cryptozoology on the blockchain probably involves Digimon. I mean, Agumon does look kind of block-headed, there is a Digimon Rabbit coin and...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, kristof65 said:

 

OK, I need some brainstorming help. 

In my Traveller campaign, bad guys have a secret base hidden beneath a legitimate base on a small moon of a Gas Giant. Right now my drawings and notes say there is only one way into this secret facility, and that is by entering a secret code into the elevator down to the engineering level, which will then allow the elevator to go to the secret levels 8 stories below the engineering level. 

The PCs need to storm or infiltrate this base to rescue one of their own (new player/PC, playing sister of existing PC).  

This is supposed to be a secure facility, known only to a few dozen people at most, so having only the one entrance makes sense from that standpoint. But I'm thinking that to give the PCs a fair chance of a successful extraction, there should be some other way into the base - I'm just having a hard time coming up with a reasonable explanation for such beyond a "hey PCs, look at this convenient back door." 


I should probably also mention that this particular session is more about the players investigating the situation and making a reasonable plan, rather than the actual implementation.   The more creative they get about devising a plan that involves more than brute force, the better their chances of success. After all, the bad guys don't know they're coming. Yet. 

 

A bit late to the discussion here but... Every facility, secret or not, needs some sort of loading dock or freight elevator. I mean, your bad guys probably aren't going to want to draw attention to themselves by lugging supplies and such up and down through the lowest level of engineering. Seems like that would be pretty obvious. Maybe they have a secret loading dock that they only use once in a while that's right out in the open but doesn't show up on the main facility's blueprints? Or maybe a dockworker or two have loaded supplies onto a freight elevator no one else uses and are overheard wondering about what part of the facility it services in public? If the main facility is big enough then having a dock/freight entrance out in the open probably wouldn't be immediately noticeable. If you've ever worked in really large factories or warehouses there's almost always a few docks that no one ever seems to use. That's my take anyways. And of Traveller interest, last month I started playing in an acquaintance's Traveller game. I'm Regulon the Red, former space pirate turned free trader who is now retired and out to make a fortune on his own! We haven't played much, or often, but so far it's been pretty fun.

 

In other news, I've been down with the Covid for the last several days. It's the first time I've had it and it seems like a mild case based on what other folks I know have experienced. But damn, that is one mean virus. I lost hearing in my left ear and it's still not completely back.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I've always wondered what monsters taste like in d&d. There a few manga out there that talk about food prep, speculation monster meat and what equivalency they are to reality, and what races should be able to handle the negative effects. 

 

Can you imagine fried chicken equivalent from a roc?? So much batter needed. 

 

T-Rex spareribs, I'm going to need a bigger grill....

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1144876066_Friday13rh.jpg.9c2ca12577ce38e60d667924bbd48357.jpg

 

Why Friday the 13th is viewed as a Bad Day:

 

1753094378_Fridaythe13th.jpg.7c2d2a9f9a6fc21635a17dd712f65abb.jpg

 

The Templar's were the first "modern" Bankers and Philip's actions triggered a banking crisis across all of Europe that lasted for decades.

The Templar's reported treasure, located in Treasuries called Commanderies in multiple locations has never been found or accounted for.

 

GEM

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The Templar's reported treasure, located in Treasuries called Commanderies in multiple locations has never been found or accounted for.

I thought they hid it at the back of Mount Rushmore? 

 

Just got an email from a customer who was recently upgraded about a new "problem" that had arisen since their upgrade. Turns out they were using a bug in their old software version as a feature, and since the bug was fixed, now it doesn't work any more. 

I can't win. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I thought they hid it at the back of Mount Rushmore? 

 

Just got an email from a customer who was recently upgraded about a new "problem" that had arisen since their upgrade. Turns out they were using a bug in their old software version as a feature, and since the bug was fixed, now it doesn't work any more. 

I can't win. 

That was a very good adventure yarn, but sadly, just an enjoyable tale.

There is some interesting evidence, coming from multiple sources, that indicate at least a portion of it might have been secreted in Oak Island.

GEM

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

G.R.F.F.N FOOD LOG
 

Stardate: 20230922

C18EFDDE-4138-496F-8C9B-AA9893C5FFBC.thumb.jpeg.55ee9e70ca7cd610d6802e03535a1318.jpeg

Mustard infused green leaf lettuce, atop three slices of Muenster cheese, atop meat…

 

~or~?
 

Stardate: 20230929

973978E4-3B2C-42B3-AA8F-6574F17B755F.thumb.jpeg.f46052375e296c143f882b2d16c6b622.jpeg

Cheese, meat, Moar cheese, sliced pickles. 


What is the best order of stacking?


A cheeseburger researcher’s work is never done. 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TGP said:


What is the best order of stacking?


A cheeseburger researcher’s work is never done. 

 

Liquid condiments and spreads such as ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, butter, mayo, etc generally go on the bun/bread.  You may apply it to one or both pieces.  Meat and cheese go next, with vegetables and other toppings (onion rings, potato chips, etc) on top of that.   A toothpick, cocktail, or sandwich pick may be used to hold the sandwich together if required. 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, TGP said:

G.R.F.F.N FOOD LOG
 

Stardate: 20230922

C18EFDDE-4138-496F-8C9B-AA9893C5FFBC.thumb.jpeg.55ee9e70ca7cd610d6802e03535a1318.jpeg

Mustard infused green leaf lettuce, atop three slices of Muenster cheese, atop meat…

 

~or~?
 

Stardate: 20230929

973978E4-3B2C-42B3-AA8F-6574F17B755F.thumb.jpeg.f46052375e296c143f882b2d16c6b622.jpeg

Cheese, meat, Moar cheese, sliced pickles. 


What is the best order of stacking?


A cheeseburger researcher’s work is never done. 

If you want the cheese to melt it needs to go on either the cooked or cooking meat or on the bottom bun while it is being warmed.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...