Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

On 10/10/2023 at 8:04 PM, Corsair said:

@haldir if you haven't heard this, enjoy. If you have , enjoy anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GIDBkwi-nc

Finally had time to look up the Music Video for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

It's even funnier than the just the music.

Or at least that's what my warped sense of humor says.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Finally had time to look up the Music Video for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

It's even funnier than the just the music.

Or at least that's what my warped sense of humor says.

GEM

Thanks. The first one seems like it might be region locked, so I couldn't watch it, but this one works for me.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

T-Rex spareribs, I'm going to need a bigger grill....

You can get "brontosaurus ribs". They're uncut beef ribs. You'd have to special order them, though. And they'd probably be expensive, since in Alberta anyway, beef ribs are frighteningly expensive because by making that cut, the butcher sacrifices the rib steaks.  

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

That was a very good adventure yarn, but sadly, just an enjoyable tale.

There is some interesting evidence, coming from multiple sources, that indicate at least a portion of it might have been secreted in Oak Island.

GEM

Poor ol' Oak Island. Everytime I think of it, it reminds me of the illustration in the beginning of "Fantastic Mr Fox" by Roald Dahl. There is a fantastically comedic black and white depiction of a massive crater being dug by the villanous farmers. They never do catch that fox, though (save for his tail...). 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

You can get "brontosaurus ribs". They're uncut beef ribs. You'd have to special order them, though. And they'd probably be expensive, since in Alberta anyway, beef ribs are frighteningly expensive because by making that cut, the butcher sacrifices the rib steaks.  

Poor ol' Oak Island. Everytime I think of it, it reminds me of the illustration in the beginning of "Fantastic Mr Fox" by Roald Dahl. There is a fantastically comedic black and white depiction of a massive crater being dug by the villanous farmers. They never do catch that fox, though (save for his tail...). 

That pretty well sums up what the guy who brought in the clamshell excavator did.  And which is why the current exploration is having to make the geological equivalent of swiss cheese with all the exploratory holes to try and piece together enough evidence to re-establish the obliterated landmarks.

GEM

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I've always wondered what monsters taste like in d&d. There a few manga out there that talk about food prep, speculation monster meat and what equivalency they are to reality, and what races should be able to handle the negative effects. 

Can you imagine fried chicken equivalent from a roc?? So much batter needed. 

My first D&D campaign we had a druid that took this to heart. He was a brand-new player and really got into the spirit of his character, and figured that since his character was used to living out in the wilds, he would not want good food to go to waste. So whenever he decided to try preparing one of the monsters we'd slain for eating, the DM would not deduct rations for that day. It was a lot of fun and lead to a lot of interesting role playing. 🙂

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 🙂 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

My first D&D campaign we had a druid that took this to heart. He was a brand-new player and really got into the spirit of his character, and figured that since his character was used to living out in the wilds, he would not want good food to go to waste. So whenever he decided to try preparing one of the monsters we'd slain for eating, the DM would not deduct rations for that day. It was a lot of fun and lead to a lot of interesting role playing. 🙂

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 🙂 

That's awesome. I'm reading Dungeon Meshi and can totally see this causing issues for the wrong crowd. He he he

• Like 9