Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back from the grocery store.

Don't you just hate it when you find a product that you like, and then store stops carrying it? Or even worse they stop making it?

That didn't happen today,  but it has happened regularly enough to be annoying. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Don't you just hate it when you find a product that you like, and then store stops carrying it? Or even worse they stop making it?

Been happening a lot the last few years.  I can't even remember most of the stuff I haven't seen since pre-covid.   Sizes have changed, packaging has changed, distribution has changed, and stores drop stuff that doesn't sell in favor of new items (just like game stores) hoping to catch a new trend.   Last summer I was getting these jalapeno chips for a few weeks at a single location of a local chain,  then they vanished.  Most recent one was cheese pretzels, we love them.  Only at two stores in the chain, they sold out of that flavor first and now the whole brand is gone.  WTH? If it sells that fast get more, dammit!  And last week I could not find croissants anywhere, why? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

You know how @Glitterwolf is always trying to lure inductees for WOOF with delicious food pictures? Well MEOW has actual phtos of what they really get...

photohotdog.png.173dd40450fcba33ec88c385414442b0.png.b7eb241424a86500377c727bb307588b.png

WOOF denies having anything to do with abominations like this.

This is clearly not food at all and we suspect it is forbidden by the Geneva Convention to feed this to prisoners of war.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

My poor iced espresso. Joke’s on them, they had so few ingredients that I recreated the recipe. Wife is gonna buy some small reusable milk bottles that I will batch produce for my work week. 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Been happening a lot the last few years.  I can't even remember most of the stuff I haven't seen since pre-covid.   Sizes have changed, packaging has changed, distribution has changed, and stores drop stuff that doesn't sell in favor of new items (just like game stores) hoping to catch a new trend.   Last summer I was getting these jalapeno chips for a few weeks at a single location of a local chain,  then they vanished.  Most recent one was cheese pretzels, we love them.  Only at two stores in the chain, they sold out of that flavor first and now the whole brand is gone.  WTH? If it sells that fast get more, dammit!  And last week I could not find croissants anywhere, why? 

You may add Reese's to the list.

For a while I was getting Reese's Crunchy Peanut Bars.  Like a Snickers without the caramel so more room for peanuts and peanut butter.  Now I can't find them anywhere.

GEM

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It is currently 49 degrees f outside. It will get all the way up to 69  degrees f.

Time to break out the grill!::D:

& here it's 78 degrees. I think it got over 80. Suppose to be the same tomorrow as well.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

You may add Reese's to the list.

For a while I was getting Reese's Crunchy Peanut Bars.  Like a Snickers without the caramel so more room for peanuts and peanut butter.  Now I can't find them anywhere.

GEM

Closest thing you're gong to get right now is Reese's Oh Henry bars.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yeah. They keep introducing great new items, then I can't find them anywhere a couple of months later. My pet peeve is that they keep doing that to chocolate spreads that aren't hazelnut and chocolate.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't sell hazelnut chocolate spreads, some people like that. But do they really need 50 different brands of essentially the same product and only two non-hazelnut ones which both suck? And of course the sucky ones are the ones they keep stocking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4