Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Got back from the grocery store.

Don't you just hate it when you find a product that you like, and then store stops carrying it? Or even worse they stop making it?

That didn't happen today,  but it has happened regularly enough to be annoying. 

Yes, particularly with Aldi and Lidl's love of short-run weird items.

One day I'll find another jar of peanut butter and jam, one day...

• Like 5

Only a week and half left of all these back-to-back appointments....

Oooh both of those meals look so good!! We made quiche yesterday!

PXL_20231015_170338947.thumb.jpg.cb8867c7c4fb957925a75b744420a718.jpgPXL_20231015_170640456.thumb.jpg.4fbb1b31dd05c01cd07c141e2abde605.jpg

It was really good but I was already hungry before it went in the oven for 45 minutes. It's definitely a "lots of free time and not hungry yet" meal haha.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Inarah said:

Been happening a lot the last few years.  I can't even remember most of the stuff I haven't seen since pre-covid.   Sizes have changed, packaging has changed, distribution has changed, and stores drop stuff that doesn't sell in favor of new items (just like game stores) hoping to catch a new trend.   Last summer I was getting these jalapeno chips for a few weeks at a single location of a local chain,  then they vanished.  Most recent one was cheese pretzels, we love them.  Only at two stores in the chain, they sold out of that flavor first and now the whole brand is gone.  WTH? If it sells that fast get more, dammit!  And last week I could not find croissants anywhere, why? 

There's a few reasons for that. Mergers and profits fluctuating are part of it. The other part is "streamlining." If you're not familiar, streamlining is there to make it so the brand, company, or restaurant uses most of the same ingredients in different foods or products. It started during The Plague, when they were losing people and profits, and it's continued since then. They've been ditching low sellers and more complicated products for the last few years. There's also been a few relaunches (looking at you, Mexican Pizza) but this is probably how things are going to be for a long while.

8 hours ago, ejala said:

Masochist.

I enjoy them and I can assure that I am NOT one of those. :devil:

• Like 6