Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

2 hours ago, Humansquish said:

You really need to post pictures of your cars here someday.

Nothing really special about them.  Just basic builds, that keep me entertained. Someday, I guess.

Speaking of showing off, I hope to get my RCon stuff up before the end of the year, hopefully.

• Like 6

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Wednesday.

However, I'm taking Friday off, so even though tomorrow is Thursday, it sorta makes it my Friday, which means that today is really my Thursday, and Wednesday alreadt happened yesterday.

Or just got skipped.

Have a great day, no matter which one it is! ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's Wednesday.

However, I'm taking Friday off, so even though tomorrow is Thursday, it sorta makes it my Friday, which means that today is really my Thursday, and Wednesday alreadt happened yesterday.

Or just got skipped.

Have a great day, no matter which one it is! ::P:

If my request got seen earlier this month, I'll be taking most of the last week in November off. I think out of the 7 days, I work like 3 of it. Gotta use that Oregon Sick leave before I lose it at the end of the year.

• Like 8

So I have drama today, but not at my job. 

For the last six years, my wife has worked part time as a school bus driver for our local school district. There has been a lot of turnover there, which has resulted in her now being one of the more senior drivers, but there are still several who are senior to her. Last year, the school district bought two brand new buses, and assigned those two buses to the two most senior drivers. One of those drivers was a mentor to my wife when she first started there, and they became good friends. 

He unexpectedly passed away about 3 weeks ago.  After the funeral, my wife's bosses came to her and told her she would be assigned to his bus after it got back from the shop for some warranty work.

The bus arrived back on Monday, and she began driving it yesterday.  And now we have a couple of other senior drivers who are pissed off she got the bus instead of them. 

Not quite sure how this is going to play out exactly, but it should be interesting. 

She was assigned the bus for several reasons:

- she has the largest, longest route, and so many of the buses don't have the capacity for her route. 

- her route is mostly pavement, where as most of the other routes are mostly dirt roads (rural district). They hope this will prolong the life of the bus. 

- she has a good track record in terms of taking care of her bus.

- the other senior driver was her mentor's best friend, he told her bosses that her mentor would have wanted her to have the bus. 

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Longest-lake-name.jpg.20edd710d507561e1d876ba5022ddb5e.jpg

I looked it up, it's real, and located in Webster, Mass.

Also known as Lake Webster.

Looks like being a sign guy in that area could be quite profitable. 

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So I have drama today, but not at my job. 

For the last six years, my wife has worked part time as a school bus driver for our local school district. There has been a lot of turnover there, which has resulted in her now being one of the more senior drivers, but there are still several who are senior to her. Last year, the school district bought two brand new buses, and assigned those two buses to the two most senior drivers. One of those drivers was a mentor to my wife when she first started there, and they became good friends. 

He unexpectedly passed away about 3 weeks ago.  After the funeral, my wife's bosses came to her and told her she would be assigned to his bus after it got back from the shop for some warranty work.

The bus arrived back on Monday, and she began driving it yesterday.  And now we have a couple of other senior drivers who are pissed off she got the bus instead of them. 

Not quite sure how this is going to play out exactly, but it should be interesting. 

She was assigned the bus for several reasons:

- she has the largest, longest route, and so many of the buses don't have the capacity for her route. 

- her route is mostly pavement, where as most of the other routes are mostly dirt roads (rural district). They hope this will prolong the life of the bus. 

- she has a good track record in terms of taking care of her bus.

- the other senior driver was her mentor's best friend, he told her bosses that her mentor would have wanted her to have the bus. 

Looks like being a sign guy in that area could be quite profitable. 

Sounds like its time for the management level to have a "Come To Jesus" level meeting with the disgruntled drivers, said meeting to include all the maintenance records of all the buses they have driven, compared to your wife's record.

While I was pulling Pneumatic Tankers I was put in charge of a brand new Freightliner [love that new truck smell!] because I took care of whatever piece of equipment was in my charge, down to [paste] waxing and [hand] polishing the exterior when I was at certain customers doing unloads.  I was consistently in the top 50% of drivers for fuel economy, many of those drivers running empty/deadhead 50% of the time while had a load ratio of slightly over 70%

By the time my career ending accident occurred I had most of the brightwork looking like it had been polished by a custom shop, just using Brasso and shop towels.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 8

... apparently, it's actually Monday. Somebody should have posted a warning; I'm too sober for this drek.

I spilled a whole cup of tea before I got to drink /any/ of it... and Andi got fired.

I'm actually not sure why; the reason given strikes me as wanna-be alpha-male garbage. Regardless; frustrating ...

Anyway. Off-schedule Monday not authorised...

Anybody need a competent infrastructure guy who can work remotely..?

• Sad 18