Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Grrrr.....

Distributor asked if I could help them discuss and quote new system options for a new site.  The factory salesman had already written them a quote, so I had to ask management permission to take it over, because the distributor didn't want to deal with the salesman.   Am reviewing the salesman's quote , and have realized that a) the salesman wrote his quote for the most expensive options, despite the Distributor explicitly saying they did not want them.   And b) the salesman forgot several required things, such as cable for wiring the system and shipping costs. 

Salesman is going to be pissed when he doesn't get a commission on this system, because it was changed from his name to mine. 

I'm so sad about that. 

Such a shame that he lost something because he didn't do his job right the first time... :devil:

IMG-20231123-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, pcktlnt said:

I think I can count the fudge brownie cookies a success. 

20231123_163940.thumb.jpg.cf93c8112b498c3cfd4b49ce6ade9ea5.jpg20231123_165335.thumb.jpg.1c26c24af6f7216e9d7d880d64ac876a.jpg

Note to self, purchase mixer for Christmas. Hand mixing everything is tiring.

If you are looking at the Kitchen Aid stand mixers, shop carefully.  There are several different lines of mixers with varying power and capacity that all look very similar.  I recommend taking a good look at the Artisan Series.  Robust and powerful and should last "forever" compared to some of the lighter duty mixers.

The Artisan Series is basically a small commercial grade machine with internals that will stand up to the sort of heavy use a small Commercial Kitchen will require.

Addendum:  The Kitchen Aid mixers are a scaled down version of the Hobart Commercial Mixer, which you will find [in a wide range of sizes and capacities] in most Commercial Kitchens.  Hobart has been making Industrial Grade Food Processing Machinery basically since large kitchens started to switch from hand labor to machine assisted cooking.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 7

On 11/22/2023 at 9:07 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Was he singing AND kicking your glutes at the same time?

YES!

Twice.

I had caught him practicing his lines, early on, and thought that he was comic relief.

But he had a literal HELL of a punchline.

The third time I did a LOT more prep.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:07 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wish all of you Ontheothersideoftheponders a Happy Thanksgiving!

WOOF FOOD LOG

Last night I stayed on the base during dinner, 4 NCO's received their Gold Medal and there was dinner served

My girl was left to fend for her own.

So she made a Pasta with Salmon and Spinach Dish.

IMG-20231123-WA0008.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8