Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

14 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I think I can count the fudge brownie cookies a success. 

20231123_163940.thumb.jpg.cf93c8112b498c3cfd4b49ce6ade9ea5.jpg20231123_165335.thumb.jpg.1c26c24af6f7216e9d7d880d64ac876a.jpg

I think you need some independent verification of this success. You should send me some, I'll be able to provide an honest and unbiased opinion. ::P:

• Haha 11

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

images.jpg.b84832690bd485305ef99feb0b9ad459.jpg

You won't catch me out there in all that looniness. 

I have already been told where we are going. One store only however, and then the post office.

I feel the Black Friday madness is much less now. Remember people camping outside Target at 6pm the night before? Don’t see that around here anymore. And since the “one day” sale has been going since 11/1, a quick check online already shows that most of what I would even be slightly interested in has already sold out. No reason to rush there now. 

But then again, I am at the point in my life that I have enough stuff anyway, so there really isn’t a compulsion to consume.

Didn’t stop the emails tho. Had 47 new to look through first thing this morning. After a quick delete, I have 7 that I will read and only 2 that are Black Friday emails. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I have already been told where we are going. One store only however, and then the post office.

I feel the Black Friday madness is much less now. Remember people camping outside Target at 6pm the night before? Don’t see that around here anymore. And since the “one day” sale has been going since 11/1, a quick check online already shows that most of what I would even be slightly interested in has already sold out. No reason to rush there now. 

But then again, I am at the point in my life that I have enough stuff anyway, so there really isn’t a compulsion to consume.

Didn’t stop the emails tho. Had 47 new to look through first thing this morning. After a quick delete, I have 7 that I will read and only 2 that are Black Friday emails. 

Yeah, it feels like "Black Friday" is just November now. I live by a Best Buy, and it's right next to the 24-hour grocery store I shop at, so I've seen the crowds slowly die off over the years. The first year I lived out here, my ex and I went to go look at the lines that had formed. There was Best Buy, Old Navy, and a few other stores open and the lines were insane. People camped out for days before Black Friday.

Now? Nothing.

• Like 7

Random ad in one of my mobile games. Guess now then scroll down for the answer, random internet image use or intentional design choice?!

IMG_8856.thumb.png.ec97b5457aad6d2bce797c7ffab0e1f0.png

Intentional! Why? They put in an audible hiss every time the soldering iron touched a tree. My brain just sat there pondering the reason why. Got nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Random ad in one of my mobile games. Guess now then scroll down for the answer, random internet image use or intentional design choice?!

IMG_8856.thumb.png.ec97b5457aad6d2bce797c7ffab0e1f0.png

Intentional! Why? They put in an audible hiss every time the soldering iron touched a tree. My brain just sat there pondering the reason why. Got nothing. 

Perhaps it's supposed to be a wood burner.

GEM

• Like 4

Well, the turkey carcass has been stripped of meat, and then boiled for about hour or so to render it down for soup, which is now done. It came out quite good, IMO.

So, we've got turkey to go with the rest of the leftovers, turkey for sandwiches, and now turkey soup. We also have some leftover homemade spaghetti sauce frozen for when we got tired of turkey.

That's one of the things I like about this time of year; lots of leftovers. I like cooking, but I like just reheating stuff almost as much.

• Like 9

19 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I have a shared experience with @buglips*the*goblin - I was killed when our wizard exploded.

Damn it, Gale!

Despite the long tally of characters killed by spontaneous wizard explosion, I somehow never managed to make my own wizard explode.  Despite my best efforts.  Efforts that killed twentysomething other characters.  Or was it thirtysomething?  A fratricidal record in any event.  That wizard survived it all, despite my making sure anything I did to the rest I was also caught up in.  Only wizard I ever played, then I went back to playing clerics.  Anytime people started screwing around after that I'd just start waving the Wizard's Handbook around in a threatening manner.  

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

did-this-party-do-make-dm-pull-out-sharknado.jpeg.18afab7725405afbe3f92e2828c7803f.jpeg

Where's Ian Zeiring when you need him?

No Pathfinder game today as the store is having MtG regional qualifiers so no room to accommodate us. No worries, kinda nice to not do anything this Saturday.

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

52735836_download(3).jpg.50bfc70bed8ca5848aff3388b031673b.jpg

I had something (I can't recall which critter is was ) that was doing 10d6 pts of damage to the players. My players were all like "uh oh.." hearing the dice rattle in my hands.

• Like 7