Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brain seems to be touching an alternate reality today. Really felt like I should be at my retail business, which is very much imaginary, rather than on a laptop doing engineering. Makes the day very fuzzy. Would be beneficial to see if I can take a peek into it and learn something of financial value. 

I’m gonna chalk this one up to being the first day back from vacation, lack of sleep, and completion of that photo book which still feels like I need to go edit pictures.

Also not sure of my need to put this out in a public forum. Seems it would serve as possible evidence at a competency hearing and thus better left unsaid. 

Eh.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Somehow, there is just something so wrong about AARP being a sponsor for the Rolling Stones 2025 Tour.

On the other hand, it's so right. . . . .

“. . . What a Drag! it is getting O-l-l-ld !! . . .”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

FB_IMG_1700981344995.jpg

Get rid of the green & you've got a picture of Eastern OR  lol

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Somehow, there is just something so wrong about AARP being a sponsor for the Rolling Stones 2025 Tour.

On the other hand, it's so right. . . . .

Yah but look at all the lost opportunities: 

Metamucil 

Life alert

Colonial Penn life insurance

& others. 😉

• Like 6

19 hours ago, TGP said:

image.png.a97a8c177034064c6e804a3d3a1d7b86.png
First rate elfs would devise an elf lifting crane to reach higher. This is what happens if you settle for second rate Elfery. 

Then again, people should be acting their wage, so... :devil:

In other news, we had the one guy we have left who works out of the office that isn't me or the boss walk out last night. I don't know exactly what happened, something between him and his dad, so he just... Walked out. No, his dad doesn't work for us. After he got heated when I asked him what was going on, I decided to not ask questions, as I didn't want to be able to answer questions if/when the police come around. It sounded that bad.

• Sad 11

18 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Also not sure of my need to put this out in a public forum. Seems it would serve as possible evidence at a competency hearing and thus better left unsaid. 

Just call a few of us as "expert witnesses" as to how this this is a "mental health forum" and how posting random thoughts like this here is good for our mental health.😁

As is painting toy soldiers. 

So in my Traveller campaign, the PCs started off acquiring their ship as salvage in the aftermath of a terrorist attack. In the sessions that followed, they managed to help take down some organized crime bosses, albeit totally unintentional.  And what they don't know is that the ship they salvaged was originally to be used by another part of that same organized crime syndicate.  On the upside, they made themselves a good friend in the Directorate Investigations Bureau (setting equivalent of our FBI)

They then went on to get themselves unknowingly tangled up in the fringes of a completely unrelated corporate conspiracy, before making themselves an ally of the growing sentient robot citizenship movement, leading to a transport job for what they thought was that movement, but in reality was assisting representatives of an alien government known as the Vranqrax. They took that job primarily because they needed to flee subpoenas impounding their ship until several lawsuits surrounding the legitimacy of their salvage claim was resolved.   At the end of that transport job, as a result of being in the right place at the right time near a secret Vranqrax research facility, they were instrumental in averting a major disaster for that alien government by fighting off some (different aliens) S'sri pirates. 

As a reward for this action, the Vranqrax government offered to reflag their ship from a Directorate Salvage Registration to a Vranrax Merchant Registration, something basically unheard of for a ship fully crewed by humans. This does not in anyway resolve the salvage title lawsuits against them and the ship, but it does make more difficult for Directorate authorities to impound the ship on behalf of the plaintiffs suing them, as they would have to get permission from the Vranqrax authorities first - permission that no local Vranqrax diplomat will grant as long as the ship is carrying an officially designated Vranqrax representative, which they now are (new PC - human, but working for the Vranqrax). 

That brings us up to last couple sessions, when they re-entered Directorate space in what is basically a backwater system, and met up with some (new PCs) looking to hire someone to help them rescue a kidnap victim. This led them right into the middle of that aforementioned corporate conspiracy, when they located and infiltrated a secret corporate base at the heart of this conspiracy in order to rescue the victim.  Unfortunately for them, during their rescue attempt, things got, well, violent, and the base commander initiated the self destruct sequence before escaping - the PCs just barely escaped themselves, but at least managed to free 6 out of 7 prisoners before the base blew up.  They did manage to download some data that may be able to serve as evidence of the corporate conspiracy, which is to use brainwashed sleeper agents to incite war, terrorism and violence within the Directorate in order to sell security & mercenary goods and services.  A lone Directorate Navy destroyer was in system at the time of this incident, and managed to witness the base blowing up as the PCs ship recovered their people & prisoners. 

So, the situation as it stands as we go into the next session is the PCs, in an alien flagged ship, appear to have destroyed a legitimate base of a Directorate Corporation, which was caught on the cameras of a Directorate Navy Ship.  And despite being a low population system, it is one with enough of a transient population that there are a dozen representatives of the seven well known media conglomerates in system, all of whom are clamoring to get what could be the story of the century. 

The session is going to start off with the Directorate Navy Captain "ordering" the PCs to "voluntarily" accompany his ship back to the nearest Naval base, while the ship gets bombarded with communications from the media asking for interviews and comments. 

One wrong move by the PCs and the Directorate Navy captain, and it could mean war between governments who have been at peace for centuries.  And if anyone thinks that the Syndicate and the Corporation won't take advantage of that, they are so wrong. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

The dishwasher is finally here. No idea if it fits or anything yet. We have a stupid cabinet issue so the obvious solution was to just buy some random brand that we hope works and will fit instead of, y'know, fixing the problem. But we haven't had a dishwasher in...like a year and a half at this point. So if it works I'll be happy, I guess.

Surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm nervous. So if everyone can keep me in your thoughts/send out good vibes/whatever it'd be ridiculously appreciated. There will be an update tomorrow/day after by me or Husband letting y'all know how things went.

I'm trying to get the downstairs set up to paint but I can't bring all my paints down and I've no idea what colors I want/need...

• Like 12