Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I don't remember if I've updated here or not.

Surgery went well. I'm still in some pain but it's getting less and less as the days go on. I over did it yesterday though and couldn't get off the couch by myself this morning. I've been sleeping on the couch because I toss and turn less.

Finn has been a very good cat doctor. She has either laid on me, laid next to me, or at least where she can see me since I got home on Wednesday. She is currently sleeping curled up in a ball next to me. I want to paint but there is no way I can get upstairs to try to do things at this point.

I'm thinking about a nap even though I've been sleeping most of the week post-op.

So glad you're on the mend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Is it hardware, software, or wetware causing the problems?

All of the above. Wetware issues were because the issues with the first two were creating a backlog of service calls and that was stressing me out, and causing me to make mistakes.  Horrible feedback loop. 

Finally got it all under control, and went to handle the training requests. Basically send all three requests the same "here are my next available appointments" boilerplate text, and of course, all three wanted the same date & time, which is the earliest I have.   And of course, the ones who didn't get that time are giving me the "well, if a cancelation comes up, can I have that?" 

Probably not.   Most cancellations are the day before, and by that point, I don't stress about booking someone else to fill the slot - I have plenty else to do. Plus it takes me too much mental energy to prepare, do and recover from these training sessions. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

<banging head on desk> 

And of course, one of the sites that wants training is now complaining to sales that next week for training is not good enough, because their equipment install is supposed to be finished on Wednesday, and their grand opening is on Friday. 

Besides the idiocy of scheduling your grand opening before your site is even operational, my portion of the training is reports and fleet accounts.   Can't do that until the equipment is installed and the site has been open so that there is some data to actually look at. 

Since the site is within an hour of where the sales guy lives, I'm telling him that my schedule is my schedule, and if he & they want something sooner, then he should drive to site and give them the basic operational training. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3