Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Day #3 of attempting to retain a positive attitude, and then I come here, and ya'll are discussing pineapple on pizza. 🤮

I thought we were agreeing kiwis don't belong on pizza.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

If you haven't already done so it is time to start documenting the noise problem with the neighbor through a third party, that being the local police.  Find out what the local noise regulations are and scrupulously adhere to those regulations when making your calls to report violations.

If you are going to be retaining an attorney that person will be able to advise you on how to proceed with the noise complaints.

You have my sympathy, and understanding.

GEM

There's a few problems:

First, this noise is happening during the day and since local law enforcement has all but given up on anything that doesn't make them money, they won't turn up. I've also looked up the local ordinance and it's very iffy about noise during the day. There's a decibel limit, which I doubt she's exceeding (at least on my end). I only know this due to another neighbor in another apartment that once played their music so loud the plates were jumping in my cupboards. That manager also did nothing, even though she could barely hear me over said music, but she also didn't last long for a whole lot of reasons. Never had it confirmed but I suspect there was some funny finances going on...

Second, I have been logging things on my end. While not perfect, I do have a certification from my state that requires "honesty and integrity in all things." Roughly, I'm a "professional witness" and because I keep my nose clean and am current on all this stuff, my word holds a little bit more weight in a court of law here. Plus, I have a pretty clean record of not complaining about every little thing.

Third, my recordings will also help with everything as well.

Fourth, I just ordered a decibel meter, with a Bluetooth connection, so I can better track how loud I am, coupled with how loud the music is in my apartment. And I'm also going to start inviting a lot of people over, with the understanding that they will be available as witnesses, if they hear anything. If my dad wasn't hard of hearing, I would have him back me up when he dropped by last night. Since he's got hearing aids, I won't be using him.

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

ap9jGME_460s.jpg.9d89a21f21d872c57282ebbb73966c57.jpg

I'd try it.

This is a crime against the culinary arts and good taste the world over. This falls into the line of thought of "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should." You *could* make pizza into a desert, but you wouldn't use pizza dough.

I've never been, but my understanding is that pizza can get crazy in Japan. I had to walk away when a friend was describing the pizza that arrived with Mayo on it.

7 minutes ago, Corsair said:

What about cub scouts?

This on took me a second but then I cackled! :devil:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Day #3 of attempting to retain a positive attitude, and then I come here, and ya'll are discussing pineapple on pizza. 🤮

Don’t worry! At 1pm, I will be at the theatre watching gojira cleansing the world and all will be well. 

• Like 8