Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I saw moving pictures of Jonathan somewhere during the last 36 hours. I don’t remember what I was watching. 

When this tortoise was a one week old hatchling Andrew Jackson was president.  The guy on your $20 bill. That guy. 

The guy on my $20 notes is John Flynn. Jonathan would have been about 48 when he was born.

• Like 5

On 12/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

FB_IMG_1702098969256.jpg.08a1190eeeeec06d27555dfb4414045b.jpg

Heh, Satan was all "that's nothing, watch a lacrosse match!" 

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

405414005_10162458318119714_4131678473477751268_n.jpg.eeba8c2bb9eb591c37b236ca30cb83a0.jpg

GO NAVY!!! BEAT ARMY!

Air Force is best force, so since such isn't an option I agree, go navy!  (besides, Navy in the US has a ton of air, so, uh, close enough.  They also wear blue) 

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I saw moving pictures of Jonathan somewhere during the last 36 hours. I don’t remember what I was watching. 

When this tortoise was a one week old hatchling Andrew Jackson was president.  The guy on your $20 bill. That guy. 

We've got some dead lady on our greenbacks.  And I can say it that way because our currency is different colours, and the $20 is green. 

Still probably used by chemistry teachers in the first day or two with "hey guys, this is so neat, anyone got a bill, preferably a large denomination?" tricks where... Yeah, they see how fast they can make students panic by lighting the bills on fire... After dunking them in something that's highly flammable and flashes quickly, so all it does it remove the dust off the bill.. 

Course they always do it after lighting a few other things on fire, to get people super excited... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Just saw the musical episode of Strange New Worlds.

They didn't run fast enough.

SNW and LD. So GOOD!

SNW and LD are some of the best Trek in a long while. Discovery suffered from The Curse (took a few seasons to really hit its stride) and Picard was kind of all over the place (also salty about what happen at the end).

why-do-they-look-like-theyre-about-drop-hardest-album-gamma-quadrant.png

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, sumbloke said:

The guy on my $20 notes is John Flynn. Jonathan would have been about 48 when he was born.

Forgot to mention: he used to be my grandfather's boss. And when we were going through my grandfather's belongings after his death, we found a razor with a handwritten note from John Flynn.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Air Force is best force, so since such isn't an option I agree, go navy!  (besides, Navy in the US has a ton of air, so, uh, close enough.  They also wear blue) 

Army won seventeen to eleven sportball points. Sorry.

Both services have lots of air assets, but I think only the Navy has jets. 

Army Logo is awful. Helmet with a sword jammed through it. Name of the team is Black Knights…so they use a helmet that is gold; …and they choose a helmet style from Ancient Greece never worn by any knight of any country; …and they draw it looking like it’s been stabbed by a sword.  :ik_oops: :huh: :unsure:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Citrine said:

I got nominated for Engineer of the Year a few months ago. And while I did not win (168 total nominees), I was told yesterday I will get a bonus of $250 in the January paycheck. So that was a nice surprise.  

Coingratulations!

28 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I want one but $359, plus shipping, is a bit too much for me...

You're not the only one.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The guys have been encouraging me to quote: "Get aggressive" with the frozen doors. I told them I'm too nice to get aggressive. Later they left me a trailer to do on my own. The inside door was stuck, so I went and got the crowbar and popped it open. It didn't take much effort. But I tossed the crowbar out the door and the head snapped off of it. They came in and asked me what I did to break a cast iron prybar. I told them I got aggressive. They will never know the truth. 

• Haha 18

8 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

The guys have been encouraging me to quote: "Get aggressive" with the frozen doors. I told them I'm too nice to get aggressive. Later they left me a trailer to do on my own. The inside door was stuck, so I went and got the crowbar and popped it open. It didn't take much effort. But I tossed the crowbar out the door and the head snapped off of it. They came in and asked me what I did to break a cast iron prybar. I told them I got aggressive. They will never know the truth. 

A legend was born that day...

• Haha 11