Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Driving to ReaperCon before the Embassy Suites location, my Wrangler's GPS told us to take a right turn NOW...

...straight into Lewisville Lake.

It did pause, collect its thoughts, comb its hair back into place after the sudden and enthusiastic outburst, and continue on the proper path immediately after. We always laugh when we drive that road now.

And then there was the year we carpooled from the airport and I asked you to go to a Home Depot, only to have the GPS lead us to a relatively old residential area.

GPS's don't seem to like you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

As of today, 4 January 2024, Homecoming is an officially licensed server for City of Heroes.

No longer in a legal gray area, City of Heroes has OFFICIALLY returned.

20 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

402897746_7348439011875683_5863199147158177985_n.jpg.e2b20ca16670daa66b0793d8549b55cc.jpg

Mum and Grump go into a whole routine, ending in "uphill! BOTH WAYS!"

You have no idea how relieved I was when I learned her husband has no idea what they are talking about either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

For the last three days I've been having an email conversation with a distributor about a site that wanted to do it's own troubleshooting rather than get a tech on site. Based on the feedback they were giving him, and him to me, it came down to a single board. 

Since this board rarely fails, I highly doubted it was - and expressed my doubts to the distributor several times throughout the thread. I suspected it was a different piece of the system, a device we call a bridge (because it acts as a bridge between our equipment and various serial devices). 

Still having my doubts, I informed the distributor that the installation of this board MUST be done by him, that we wouldn't not warranty it if it was installed by the site, and that if they damaged things by installing it wrong (a real possibility), that every bit of help to get them back up and running would at full retail and labor rates. 

So what do you think happened? 

Spoiler

Distributor got on site and found out it was the device I told them it was in the first place. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is way too funny, I snorted my drink.

Can I sue you know???

Sorry, no. If you read the extremely fine print in my profile, it states that I am not responsible for any such occurrences.::D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Was painting tonight (somebody check the temp in Purgatory), and was a bit perturbed that I was not doing well with my brush strokes. Just something was off and figured it was due to lack of practice. So set about cleaning the brush with brush soap and noticed something.

The brush no longer has a point!

This means I have honestly worn a brush out before I managed to destroy it some other way. Rather proud of that accomplishment. It was a nice Rafael brush too, so wasn’t a El Cheapo. Kewl.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

In the last 48 hours, I have driven for 24 of them. My muscles have reminded me that I haven't worked for 3 weeks.

Does Canada lack hours of service rules?  I don't think that would be allowed in the lower 48.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Does Canada lack hours of service rules?  I don't think that would be allowed in the lower 48.

Just for information purposes:  In the USA a Commercial Driver may drive 11 hours in a 24 hour duty period and may be "On Duty" for 14 hours of every 24, for a maximum of 7 work days straight with a mandatory 36 consecutive hour "Off Duty" before their Log Book will reset.

This is assuming the individual in question is a Commercial Driver and under the jurisdiction of the Federal Work Rules.

At least, that was the rules when I was forced to retire in 2007.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Just a particularly long day on Wednesday and a closer to normal drive day yesterday, and a lot of that was loading and unloading. The other driver was (thankfully) fired while I was on vacation, which is something I'll go into only if anyone asks about it.

• Like 7