Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Looks really nice. An especially nice job on the ballasting. Did you use the dual Unitrack or each line single?

thanks.  Single track, but I glued in some styrene as a center filler between the two sets. 

I still have a bunch of details I want to add, but it's ready enough for the show. One of those details is a fence between the two sets of rails, similar to something I've seen at some commuter rail stations that share right away with freight lines. I want the fence right in front of the platform to be a fancy "cast iron" fence with the station name in it.  Ya know, cause Rhylan City is all about the flash. So anyway, that's why I put the filler in between the rails, so the fence would be more prominent. 

@OneBoot Oh no!  Get well soon. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kristof65 said:

But I don't wanna share the "tech"

I really should have put the question in purple. Meant to, but got called away, and hit submit reply without thinking about it. 

My real plan is to make a piece of small rooftop scatter terrain with an embedded magnet that can be set on the roofs to turn on the lights below. 

Another possibility that occurred to me just now are that both player's A & J usually borrow some of my minis - I should just rig those minis they borrow to trip the lights on, while mine and the other player P's would not. 

Well there is always that one guy......

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

b87f60d7fb29e7e2c7084d410d01d078.jpg.42759a55fe8de6483f7c066d9742cad8.jpg

The most epic cross over event ever. I don't think even Lucas, could screw that... then again he would.

Snowed again today,  not much but enough to make it a pain in the butt. I went to bed around 1 & woke up around 7, but didn't feel like getting up (heard the college football championship going on), so I just rolled back over & slept till I had to come to work tonight.

Eh, I usually do this every once in awhile. I guess the days of just getting 3 to 4 hrs pet sleep catches up with me. 

@OneBoot gaaaah! Hopefully everything is smooth in your recovery!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

& of course it was snowing when I come at 5 this morning. Suppose to do this later today & tomorrow as well. Pretty sure this is the snow that stays for the season, unless of course we get a odd winter heatwave (which could happen...)

I should go shovel the driveway, but lately if I do, then it just melt off later in the day. We shall see how motivated I am.

• Like 6

Speaking of snow, looks like that storm everyone in the US has been commenting on is finally heading up here...  Predicting 5-10cm of snow (2-4") just for today. 

Fweee, getting home is going to be fun! 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

7dxyb7.jpg.cd0ea3a68f19b7dbcf7d53d49d62310e.jpg

Depending on how they're using them, might they only be a Tripod?

10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Speaking of snow, looks like that storm everyone in the US has been commenting on is finally heading up here...  Predicting 5-10cm of snow (2-4") just for today. 

Fweee, getting home is going to be fun! 

hmm, Lots of cold rain yesterday but nothing freezing.  Forcast is only calling for just cold weather here this week, no precip until Monday morning, and I suspect it'll just be a light dusting this time around.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Well, I'm gonna be One Boot for reals for awhile; I missed a step going downstairs Friday night with my hands full, so I couldn't catch myself and landed full on my left ankle at a bad angle. Thank goodness for shock, it didn't even hurt even though it was...very obviously broken. Luckily we're only 7 mins from the hospital and MrBoot is strong enough to mostly carry me to/from the car. Also there was a room available almost immediately. 

On the (plus?) side, I also got to experience general anesthesia for the first time while my ankle was reset and splinted (it was dislocated as well as broken). This was 100% the most bizarre, mind-melting experience of my entire life. Ketamine (I looked it up later) is apparently known for its dissociative hallucinogenic properties. Yeah...no kidding:blink:

Got an asap referral to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see if it needs surgery (which the ER doctor thought was likely).

Overall I'm doing as well as can be expected. Pain is being very well managed with just Tylonol and Aleve, luckily; I wouldn't fancy trying to navigate crutches with an opiod pain med in my system! :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

It's called Special K for a reason... :ph34r:

And now for your horoscope for today:

20240105_142846.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hmmm, to start a WIP thread for this box of Tyranids (and snacks) or not... 

Plus side I've already built something like four or five of the sprues... 

Sure, why not?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sure, why not?

You just want to watch my eventual collapse into the maddening (yet comfortable) depths of insanity, aren't you...  😛

But yeah, not gonna lie, it's tempting.  Gotta think of a thread name better than "WhiteWulfe takes on... Leviathan" though. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

You just want to watch my eventual collapse into the maddening (yet comfortable) depths of insanity, aren't you...  😛

Come on down - the water's nice this time of year... 😀

38 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

It's called Special K for a reason... :ph34r:

And now for your horoscope for today:

20240105_142846.jpg

Totally yanking that one for my Star Wars: The Old Republic game, if somebody hasn't already...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6