Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had dinner at a brand new restaurant today.

"Big Chicken", the startup chain of Chicken Restaurants with Shaquile O'Neal behind it. 

Good Chicken, on a brioche bun, the pickle was really good not your typical dill slice, well balanced sauce.  One more thing, when they say "Big" they mean exactly that.  Their smallest soda is 20 oz., the chicken breast almost overwhelms the bun,  the fries are steak fry cut, and the Mac and Cheese was really good and a generous portion. The regular Chicken Sandwich has just enough spice for you to know it's not just salt and pepper seasoning, with a pleasant lingering slightly spicy after taste.  They have spice levels for just about every taste bud, all the way up to a 5 chili pepper rated sandwich.

If you think Popeye's mildest offering is too spicy, you might want to give a Big Chicken a try when one comes to your area.

Didn't try any but they have a whole menu of "adult" Shakes.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TGP said:

I thought Shaq was into giant pizzas with lots of pepperoni on them?

He is, bit he is also a major entrepreneur & has his hands in multiple business ventures.

Sigh, gonna be one of these  nights. Called dipatch & estimate for them is truck won't hit Payette, ID around 500 or so. Even though we are 15 /20 minutes apart, it'll be anther hour with the roads the way they are right now.

Crossing fingers we don't even get a load till after 8 this morning....

• Like 9

@Chaoswolf

So far it has been a big fizzle. Just super cold ++air. The weather guessers were all “over the map” leading up to this.  

++for Texas..

(My brother in Minnesota is enjoying negative two (-2) air without considering wind chill.)

• Like 7

10 hours ago, haldir said:

Sigh, gonna be one of these  nights. Called dipatch & estimate for them is truck won't hit Payette, ID around 500 or so. Even though we are 15 /20 minutes apart, it'll be anther hour with the roads the way they are right now.

Crossing fingers we don't even get a load till after 8 this morning....

Well load showed up around 540 or so this morning. Driver said he drove like 20 mph the entire route from Boise to here. We ended up getting out there around 1030 this morning.

Gotta love winter weather.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

10 hours ago, TGP said:

I thought Shaq was into giant pizzas with lots of pepperoni on them?

As a pitchman, yes, but not as an owner.  Although I'm sure he gets a "slice" of the action for the use of his name and possibly likeness.  

Big Chicken is his own deal, developed from family inspired recipes and favorite foods.  When I found out about this new Franchised Restaurant Chain I did a little research and discovered they are headquartered in Las Vegas, Nv. and the company will operate and grow on the Franchise Plan.

Yesterday was the Grand Opening, they did a soft opening on Wednesday so the staff already had a little experience under their belts.  Shaq wasn't there, his Basketball Broadcasts have priority right now, but he is supposed to make a personal appearance sometime over the summer.

The place is like a fast food restaurant in a strip mall with a sports bar attached.

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

e651541951af4f01b73f7c6931d69f92.jpeg.bb7fe620a302257ebd3a653ca2883c42.jpeg

snow-covered-rustic-fence-29116695-1134117077.jpg.9dc01a49a94fcc8d1c936d5c576a882a.jpg

Ask, and ye shall receive. ::P:

• Like 13

Thank you!

1 hour ago, TGP said:

@Chaoswolf

So far it has been a big fizzle. Just super cold ++air. The weather guessers were all “over the map” leading up to this.  

++for Texas..

I'm actually totally ok with that. I really don't fancy being stuck in my house for the next 2 days because there's ice on the roads.

Yes, I know how to drive on it, but the other 80,000 or so people around here DON'T, and those aren't good odds.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thank you!

I'm actually totally ok with that. I really don't fancy being stuck in my house for the next 2 days because there's ice on the roads.

Yes, I know how to drive on it, but the other 80,000 or so people around here DON'T, and those aren't good odds.

Most likely, the local highway department [we're talking Texas here] doesn't have the necessary equipment to deal with snow and ice.  

I'm with you, in case of snowfall, stay off the roads until it melts because your vehicle is now named "target of opportunity" if you don't.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 6