Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

On 1/18/2024 at 10:10 AM, kristof65 said:

I actually painted something this month!

20240117_224539.thumb.jpg.04182bb856ad6f0f1d4f9a3c1f296e46.jpg

It is now "parked" on my new T-Trak module.

20240117_225452.thumb.jpg.36257d89b6a45eacef5d38515235d761.jpg

I'm planning on sprinkling a number of movie and TV cars across my various modules,  if I can find stls to print or inexpensive retail models of the base cars.

Ok, so hear me out.... 

image.thumb.png.f18b90705af1ed807d89603349a972ae.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we had my mom's funeral service this weekend👼  It was nice to see so much family and friends come from far away to pay one last tribute to her. My brother made a looping PowerPoint presentation that had pictures of her covering most of her life, family, friends, major events and some silliness of being herself.

For the ceremony, my mother asked for Beethoven's 9th symphony to play in the background. We read two tributes, one from her kids, one from her grand kids, that covered most of her life and the many memories we had of her. Of course, the more we talked about it afterwards, the more we could've added, but it would've been endless.

We had a nice buffet right after, and somehow in keeping with family tradition, we had way more food than necessary, so plenty of leftovers.

Now we got to go back to emptying her apartment at the retirement home; sell off what we can, donate the rest.

• Like 18

Sweet, I found a decal sheet I thought was missing. Decals are for the 1966 Batmobile. I knew I had left it upstairs after looking at it, but it had vanished. Now the last time I saw this decal was mid-Covid year 2020. Somehow it ended up with the rest of my model decals, so yah happy to find it.

Now, hopefully it hasn't succumb to age. It's been semi-protected being in a bag (with opening), but it still had the waxy sheet the model company used to protect the decals. Lots of red striping that is easily broken if the decal has turned for the worst.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Sweet, I found a decal sheet I thought was missing. Decals are for the 1966 Batmobile. I knew I had left it upstairs after looking at it, but it had vanished. Now the last time I saw this decal was mid-Covid year 2020. Somehow it ended up with the rest of my model decals, so yah happy to find it.

Now, hopefully it hasn't succumb to age. It's been semi-protected being in a bag (with opening), but it still had the waxy sheet the model company used to protect the decals. Lots of red striping that is easily broken if the decal has turned for the worst.

I'm sure you know this, but I have had good luck with old decals by giving them a couple of very light coats on Testor's Clear Sealant Spray.

• Like 6