Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This upcoming business trip is stressing me out. And that’s stupid really. I’m going to watch some assembly work. That isn’t mine to be lord over. So I have no responsibility and no authority. What’s there to stress about?

Guess I am concerned that I will be bored the entire stay. I’m bored currently. Not much change there. Going to have to focus on the nice things I guess. King bed to myself. Have whatever I want for dinner. Hot bath any time. 

Meh. Think it’s just the growing curmudgeonry growing in me. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

This upcoming business trip is stressing me out. And that’s stupid really. I’m going to watch some assembly work. That isn’t mine to be lord over. So I have no responsibility and no authority. What’s there to stress about?

Guess I am concerned that I will be bored the entire stay. I’m bored currently. Not much change there. Going to have to focus on the nice things I guess. King bed to myself. Have whatever I want for dinner. Hot bath any time. 

It's still two months away but what the hey, Curmudgeon!

819143145_CurmudgeonDay.jpg.69c53971525061bef88eab36af3d2d9e.jpg

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

A Little 10-year-old girl was walking home, alone, from school one day, when a big man on a black motorcycle pulls up beside her.

After following along for a while, turns to her and asks,

"Hey there little girl, do you want to go for a ride?"

"NO!" says the little girl as she keeps on walking.

The motorcyclist again pulls up beside her and asks,

"Hey little girl, I will give you $10 if you hop on the back."

"NO!" says the little girl again as she hurries down the street.

The motorcyclist pulls up beside the little girl again and says,

"Okay kid, my last offer! I'll give you 20 Bucks "and" a Big Bag of Candy if you will just hop on the back of my bike and we will go for a ride."

Finally, the little girl stops and turns towards him and Screams Out...

"Look Dad" "You're the one who bought the Honda instead of the Harley... YOU RIDE IT!!".......

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

23 hours ago, malefactus said:

316544036_490342119827946_5051231721062239080_n.jpg.b155b49dffea3e0691f4bd49acdfa97a.jpg

I've been saying this for years, lol - what kind of messed-up world do we live in where I'm the voice of reason and sanity... :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Pegazus said:

So, basically, they're paying you a lot of money to go show up and "supervise"?

Look at it like this - there's a plane ride, right? And nothing to do outside of business hours?

Catch up on your sleep. Be lazy.

Catch up on all those books you meant to read. I read the first Harry Potter book on a trip to Witchita, Kansas and the second one on the way back, because they happened to be selling them at one of the stores in the airport...

If you've got room in your luggage for one of the Reaper plastic cases, bring some hobby stuff to work on.

Hell, find a local toy store and buy a plastic model to work on.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

A Little 10-year-old girl was walking home, alone, from school one day, when a big man on a black motorcycle pulls up beside her.

"Okay kid, my last offer! I'll give you 20 Bucks "and" a Big Bag of Candy if you will just hop on the back of my bike and we will go for a ride."

"Look Dad" "You're the one who bought the Honda instead of the Harley... YOU RIDE IT!!".......

I dunno, as a kid $20 and a giant bag of candy... Dad's pretty convincing.  Plenty of nice Honda bikes out there (even if I'm more of a Triumph kinda fox) 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Fresh?

That stuff will still be 'fresh' a year or so after Ragnarök.

Or at least, "as fresh" as when the picture was taken.

GEM

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I used to get asked why I rode a Gold Wing [made by Honda] instead of a Harley.

Since my annualized daily average mileage was in the low hundred mile a day range my response was always "I'd need two or three Harley's in order to have one available when I want to go for a ride",

Styling wise, Harley's are top shelf.  Mechanically, even with the help they received from Porsche on the Evolution motor design,  they are still behind the times and need a lot more regular and extensive maintenance that most other manufacturers bikes.  Basically, they need to go into the shop for some complicated maintenance work about as often as I used to need to spend an hours time at the tire shop replacing a worn down tire.

GEM

Addendum:  Since Honda introduced The Valkyrie, affectionately known as "The Fat Lady"  [similar in concept to the Harley Fat Boy], a tire smoking 1500cc 6 cylinder stripped down cruiser version of the [Luxury Touring] Gold Wing, the Harleys aren't just high maintenance but considered extremely slow as well.

4 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Or the zombie apocalypse anyway.

The picture might be showing the hidden cause of the zombie apocalypse.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh bugger. My favorite Thai place has closed up, citing dwindling business since COVID, and poor parking availability. (They picked a trendy part of town to open in)  This is the place I started going to ~5 years ago when the mom and pop Chinese place shut down.  

Time to find a new restaurant to kill. 😒

• Sad 12