Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long vacation overview read ahead!!

Got back from the away part of the vacation tonight around 6 pm mtn time. It would have been sooner, but about 15 miles west of town, there was a accident on I-84 that shut down both lanes, It looked like both cars got rear ended, so I'm not sure if other cars were involved. Westbound lanes had nothing in them, so who knows.

My wife & I had a great time, it was a well worth the cash I paid for hotels, game tickets & other expenses. We experienced all kinds of weather too, mostly rain, but we did get into a snow storm on Highway 26 on the pass behind Mt Hood. 

In Bend, it was just a stop over so we didn't have to do the entire trip, but we had fun visiting the downtown area, the lake area & a shopping district centered around a old lumber mill that is now a REI Outdoor outfitter store. The next day we walked a couple blocks in a morning snow storm so my wife could get her energy boost (aka fountain Dt Coke in her 52 oz mug) & something to munch on. We did go "The Last Blockbuster Store in the World" & I picked up a shirt & a sticker of a cockroach that was in a local online Superbowl ad a couple years ago. We then made our decision to skirt the Santiam Pass over a better breakfast then a couple of donuts.

As we stayed in Bend last Sunday, a snow storm roared through the passes in the Cascades so we decided instead of risking it, to just go up to Portland & then to Lincoln City on the coast. Well we didn't realize the storm had also reached  that way as well. Most stuff I could find online showed snowed, but clear roads, boy was those wrong. Luckily, we made it through & I re-routed us after reaching Boring (yes that is the name), OR. A small suburb of Portland. Afterwards we made to Lincoln City & started the beach/coastal part of the vacation.

The room we got on the coast was nice, it had a balcony for a ocean view, It was great size, & there was a hot tub in the room. Thanks to being on the 2nd floor above the beach, we had privacy no matter the time of the day. About the only thing I didn't like was the bed was queen size & the access to the beach was a good walk away from the actual place. Did I mention, the rain? It rained the entire time we were on the coast. I don't mind rain, but after a bit it starts to grind. The rain did let up enough my wife & I were able to take a few walks on the beach, even thou we did get rained, hailed & wind-blasted (take your pick) during the walks.

We used LC as a central hub to the other parts of the coast & went down as far South as Coos Bay & the next day we went up to Tillamook to see the re-modelled Cheese Factory they have (that was amazing to see after so many years of going in the old configuration). Thursday we kinda made that a stay at the hotel kinda day after a walk on the beach. We mostly watched old Quantum Leap episodes on SyFy network.

I did find a couple game stores on the coast. Two were the same store, just different location with one being more of a board, casual game store & the other was a manga, anime, pop culture store with D&D stuff (books, wizkids minis, other related stuff). The 3rd was an actual store called the "Lock & Key Adventure Guild" & oddly the owner looked liked my own FLGS owner's twin brother other then he had black hoop earrings. He sounds & looked exactly like him. When I went in, he was in the middle of teaching a new board game to some regulars.

Funny part about that was, when I went searching before the trip & was looking more for hobby stores like a model/supplies kinda store as I need some Tamiya white primer & I didn't want to pay the shipping costs for a couple of cans. Well, guess what my purchase at the game store was? Yah a couple cans of Tamiya white primer. They had these, GW primers & AP primers for sale.

We had some amazing food on the coast, most memorable was a local pizza joint & then the next night was a local Mexican food place. I try to eat at local places vs major chain, but we ended up partaking in those as well. We did a couple of grocery store runs as well, but those were mostly for snacks thou 1 time we had to go get band-aids & some antibiotic cream as my wife slipped on some rocks as she was trying to crawl over them & she cut up her right hand pretty good. She is a tough person, but I could tell it was starting to hurt her. After getting the cream & band-aids, she said it felt 100x better. One cut was near her hand (right were the pinky finger bends) & that was the one that bugged her the most. 

Friday we made our way to Portland by going North thru Tillamook & Astoria & then across. As we got to Astoria, we decided to see if the Goonie house was open to public visits as the last time we were over there the current owner had put a "No Trespassing" sign to ward off visitors & such. We went pass the jailhouse the Fratellis break out of in the movie & then the house, Mikey's dad is working at (oddly they are right across from each other in Astoria. & on our way over to the house we went pass the elementary school "Kindergarten Kop" was filmed at. After remembering, if you find that school, you find the Goonie house (I wasn't using Google Maps at the time). Luckily, the new owner of the house is a life-long Goonies fan & wants the fans to have access to the house, so were able to make it up the driveway & could take pictures of the exterior. Heh, they even have the zipline Data used to enter the house (not sure if it's the actual prop or not). The house isn't a museum or set up for tours so the inside was off-limits. Still is pretty cool to finally get to see the house up close, in person & get a few photos of it. The actual owners live in Kansas City, but it did look like the house was being used by someone (prob a caretaker or maybe even a tenent?? What's funny is I knew I wanted to see if it was open for viewing if we went through Astoria, but the night before one of the tv stations had the movie on, so maybe it was fate?? Heh.

As we were close, we took a detour into Washington to Longview to look at the "World's only squirrel bridge(s)" I had watched (or my son was watching) Mysteries of the Museum on Discovery & a story popped up about a guy how saw that squirrels were getting hit by traffic as they went across a street to a city park. We was a nature lover & a engineer so he came up an idea of making a bridge between the trees for the critters to use. We found the first bridge "Nutty Narrows" as it's called & the park a carved wooden squirrel statue that is dedicated to the guy in & then decided to look at the map for the others bridges. There are 10 of them, I was able to find 9 of them as most of them are along 1 street. While I only wanted to find "Nutty Narrows", it was cool that we were able to find most of them. It wasn't until we got to the hotel in Portland that I saw were that 10th one was, that made me go "Dangit!". It was a street over from the one where most of them were at. Oh well happy to find them. Longview has something called "Squirrel fest" the 3rd Saturday in August each year, it's more or less a 1 day park festival that celebrates the man, the late Amos Peters & squirrels in general. My wife & told me that we aren't going..........:lol:🐿️

We did get into Portland a bit later then I wanted to, so navigating the streets & such was a pain + we were hungry & we were going to go to the Olive Garden but after finding the closest one, I totally forgot it was Friday evening (around 7) & knew there would be a waiting line, so we ended up going to the Red Robin, next to it. I think the only time I ever eat at RR is when I'm on vacation, as the only one around here is in Boise & I never even to think to eat there. Anyways, after getting back to the hotel, surprisingly the room we got must have been the biggest at the hotel as the room was pretty good size & had a King bed in it. While it didn't bug me too much, there was a large rumble from the TriMet light rail system & station across the street. (something I didn't even notice when looking at the place on Google). Either way the room served it's purpose.

Saturday, my wife & I walked across one of the bridges in Portland, went to the opening Saturday for the Saturday Market, then to Voodoo Donuts (famous, crazy donut shop) & then made our way to Powell's Books (huge city block, 3 stories high bookstore). I did find a couple of older rpg books, but I wasn't in the mood to spend any money, but I also was saving for when I went to Guardian Games (local, huge FLGS in town) later. My wife on the other hand came out of there with a giant paper bag with handles full of books, a Bigfoot t-shirt & other goodies. Since I knew we were close, we headed west to Providence Park, where the Portland Timbers play their home games at (Timbers are a major league soccer team). The last time I had seen the stadium was before the remodel & was a bit disappointed that the team store was now within the stadium vs having outside access. Oh well, saved some cash there. 

Afterwards we made our way back to the hotel & on our way back we came across a Blick Art Materials retail store. Which up to that point, I had never been in a retail store of theirs. Online orders yes, so I knew I had to go in & look around + it gave us a break from the cool damp weather outside. After browsing, we headed back outside & over the bridge again & made our way back to the hotel room. We still had around 2 hours before the doors opened, so I decided we make our way down to Guardian Games as they opened a bit later on Sundays & it was later then the time we wanted to leave. After getting a tad bit lost (my wife doesn't follow Google very well, even with me telling her directions, it got to the point where I told her, I wasn't getting mad at her, just you need to turn when I tell you too & it'll re-route if you miss, etc etc) Either way we made it & tbh, I was kinda disappointed this time. I guess my first time going there in 2019 memories must be muddle as this time it felt smaller & the selection not as diverse as it was before? I don't know, just felt that way to me. I did take some time to look around, took a pic of a goblin statue (one of the Wizkids Pathfinder goblin life-size statues) they had above the rpgs section. Browsed the Wizkids Unpainted - nice to look at the large ($15.99) stuff in person as most of that, my FLGS doesn't carry. They didn't or I couldn't find em, any Reaper minis. It felt weird going into a large store like that & not finding any Reaper in it. I recall in '19 they had a Reaper selection. I did find a rpg called Old-School Essentials, which looked interesting but the price tag for the "Player's Guide" was 39.99 & I really didn't want to plop down the cash for a retro-clone & had no clue was even out. I did Google their name & it came up with some free downloads like a Basic Rules set & such, so I'll have to give that a read before deciding on this one.

After buying a undead beholder Unpainted (I know I have this one, but I have no idea where it is in my house & I really don't feel like looking for it, as I need one for a upcoming Weds night game), we were getting hungry & I suggested we eat at Burgerville, a local to the NW fast food place that I had never eaten at but all these years have seen their signage & such. After ordering a couple of burgers & sharing some fries, I will say it was pretty good food & I would eat there again next time the opp comes up again. We then headed back to the hotel using an alternate route as my wife missed the turn toward the freeway, but the way we did go was straight shot to the hotel, so in a way it was better in the end (why google just didn't suggest it in the first place, I have no idea??). It was around 430 & I saw a couple of people with jerseys heading over to the VMC, so I told my wife, we better go as well. So we walked the less then 10 minute walk over & got into line with the others. The doors opened at 5, so as we headed towards the gates to check in, the Winterhawks/Ticketmaster app did funky things as it showed my tickets but when I  brought up the barcode to scan it would go blank. The gatekeeper guy was like "Ummmm you got me?" So we got out of line to let others in, I tried resetting my password, logging into the stadium wifi, but it still brought up the same blank screen. He then suggested to the ticket office could get me paper tickets to scan in. At this time was getting frustrated at my phone, but went over to the office & they said the issue appears to be a Android phone issue & he then proceeded to issue me paper tickets (which in way is better as I have tickets I can save). He even scanned them in so we would be all set to enter. (we still needed to go through security gate, (like at the airport). Afterwards we were inside!!

We had about 50 minutes to kill before the game started & so we walked around the arena & found the team store. I told myself I was going to buy a shirt or something of that nature but I think having online access to purchase things has made me not want to spend at a retail shop. My wife did get a shirt & we had about 10 minutes before 6 to find our seats. Of course we sat in the wrong numbers, but the guy said they were in that section (just across the aisle) from these. We found our seats & the game began!

Portland scored first, but Victoria scored later & then right before period 1 expired got a lucky shot to make it 2 to 1. Second period there was no scoring & as the 3rd period opened up, Victoria made it 3 to 1. It wasn't until about 10 minutes left when Portland woke up & score 2 quick goals (one being short-handed on a penalty kill) to tie the game up. A few minute later, the Royals scored anther to go up 4 to 3. Portland did get a breakaway attempt that made it 4 all, but the goal was reviewed & after a lengthy delay, finally was called good. After regulation, the game went into overtime & just 17 seconds, my current favorite player for the Winterhawks, James Stefan scored the winning goal! Final 5-4!

It was very cool to see the team finally in person, felt weird not hearing the radio play by play guys call the game, but I loved hearing the board checks & sound of the puck hitting the sticks as they got passed. Very cool to actually see the team colors vs anther team & the seats I picked out were pretty cool. If I ever do anther game, I may have to try & different angle. After the game we walked back to the hotel room & I caught the 2nd half of the Timbers game via online updates as the game wasn't on local tv or streaming (Apple TV deal SUCKS!!!!), but at the time they were ahead 2-0. Sadly Timbers & DC ended in a tie, so glad they didn't lose but sad they did give up a 2 goal lead.

Sunday morning we left Portland around 9 to 10, did a couple stops for breakfast (oddly fast food breakfast places up there apparently don't want dining room customers?? We stopped at 2 places in Gresham, along I84 & Wendy's a BK were both locked for dining room. luckily McD's was open, so we grabbed a quick bite) & left for home. Since it had been awhile we did stop at Multnomah Falls & I must say, cool to see & feel the power of late winter, early spring there. Water was running down there & in 2 other seasonal places, along the entire Columbia Gorge area. I normally only go over on the side of the state later in the year, so cool to experience it in a different season.

We did make a pit stop in Hermiston, OR for food (my wife loves 7-11 chili dogs & since we don't have a 7-11 anymore) she had to stop & then we made a stop in La Grande for gas & drinks & couple of munchies. Of course coming up Cabbage Hill (east side of Pendleton, the foothills of the Blue Mountains) the weather changed drastically & it went from a decent sunny area to dark grey with snow/rain showers as we made our way up the hill & into the Blues. We had snow on the ground, but clear roads all the way through till we had the stop outside of  town. The roads started to get slushy, but as we came back down & into Ontario, they were wet as a rain storm had passed in the area earlier.

Home & I have tonight & tomorrow night off still before I go back for a short week at work. Fun trip & happy to be back on the boards & tbh, home again.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Got back from the away part of the vacation tonight around 6 pm mtn time. It would have been sooner, but about 15 miles west of town, there was a accident on I-84 that shut down both lanes, It looked like both cars got rear ended, so I'm not sure if other cars were involved. Westbound lanes had nothing in them, so who knows.

My wife & I had a great time, it was a well worth the cash I paid for hotels, game tickets & other expenses. We experienced all kinds of weather too, mostly rain, but we did get into a snow storm on Highway 26 on the pass behind Mt Hood. 

In Bend, it was just a stop over so we didn't have to do the entire trip, but we had fun visiting the downtown area, the lake area & a shopping district centered around a old lumber mill that is now a REI Outdoor outfitter store. The next day we walked a couple blocks in a morning snow storm so my wife could get her energy boost (aka fountain Dt Coke in her 52 oz mug) & something to munch on. We did go "The Last Blockbuster Store in the World" & I picked up a shirt & a sticker of a cockroach that was in a local online Superbowl ad a couple years ago. We then made our decision to skirt the Santiam Pass over a better breakfast then a couple of donuts.

As we stayed in Bend last Sunday, a snow storm roared through the passes in the Cascades so we decided instead of risking it, to just go up to Portland & then to Lincoln City on the coast. Well we didn't realize the storm had also reached  that way as well. Most stuff I could find online showed snowed, but clear roads, boy was those wrong. Luckily, we made it through & I re-routed us after reaching Boring (yes that is the name), OR. A small suburb of Portland. Afterwards we made to Lincoln City & started the beach/coastal part of the vacation.

The room we got on the coast was nice, it had a balcony for a ocean view, It was great size, & there was a hot tub in the room. Thanks to being on the 2nd floor above the beach, we had privacy no matter the time of the day. About the only thing I didn't like was the bed was queen size & the access to the beach was a good walk away from the actual place. Did I mention, the rain? It rained the entire time we were on the coast. I don't mind rain, but after a bit it starts to grind. The rain did let up enough my wife & I were able to take a few walks on the beach, even thou we did get rained, hailed & wind-blasted (take your pick) during the walks.

We used LC as a central hub to the other parts of the coast & went down as far South as Coos Bay & the next day we went up to Tillamook to see the re-modelled Cheese Factory they have (that was amazing to see after so many years of going in the old configuration). Thursday we kinda made that a stay at the hotel kinda day after a walk on the beach. We mostly watched old Quantum Leap episodes on SyFy network.

I did find a couple game stores on the coast. Two were the same store, just different location with one being more of a board, casual game store & the other was a manga, anime, pop culture store with D&D stuff (books, wizkids minis, other related stuff). The 3rd was an actual store called the "Lock & Key Adventure Guild" & oddly the owner looked liked my own FLGS owner's twin brother other then he had black hoop earrings. He sounds & looked exactly like him. When I went in, he was in the middle of teaching a new board game to some regulars.

Funny part about that was, when I went searching before the trip & was looking more for hobby stores like a model/supplies kinda store as I need some Tamiya white primer & I didn't want to pay the shipping costs for a couple of cans. Well, guess what my purchase at the game store was? Yah a couple cans of Tamiya white primer. They had these, GW primers & AP primers for sale.

We had some amazing food on the coast, most memorable was a local pizza joint & then the next night was a local Mexican food place. I try to eat at local places vs major chain, but we ended up partaking in those as well. We did a couple of grocery store runs as well, but those were mostly for snacks thou 1 time we had to go get band-aids & some antibiotic cream as my wife slipped on some rocks as she was trying to crawl over them & she cut up her right hand pretty good. She is a tough person, but I could tell it was starting to hurt her. After getting the cream & band-aids, she said it felt 100x better. One cut was near her hand (right were the pinky finger bends) & that was the one that bugged her the most. 

Friday we made our way to Portland by going North thru Tillamook & Astoria & then across. As we got to Astoria, we decided to see if the Goonie house was open to public visits as the last time we were over there the current owner had put a "No Trespassing" sign to ward off visitors & such. We went pass the jailhouse the Fratellis break out of in the movie & then the house, Mikey's dad is working at (oddly they are right across from each other in Astoria. & on our way over to the house we went pass the elementary school "Kindergarten Kop" was filmed at. After remembering, if you find that school, you find the Goonie house (I wasn't using Google Maps at the time). Luckily, the new owner of the house is a life-long Goonies fan & wants the fans to have access to the house, so were able to make it up the driveway & could take pictures of the exterior. Heh, they even have the zipline Data used to enter the house (not sure if it's the actual prop or not). The house isn't a museum or set up for tours so the inside was off-limits. Still is pretty cool to finally get to see the house up close, in person & get a few photos of it. The actual owners live in Kansas City, but it did look like the house was being used by someone (prob a caretaker or maybe even a tenent?? What's funny is I knew I wanted to see if it was open for viewing if we went through Astoria, but the night before one of the tv stations had the movie on, so maybe it was fate?? Heh.

As we were close, we took a detour into Washington to Longview to look at the "World's only squirrel bridge(s)" I had watched (or my son was watching) Mysteries of the Museum on Discovery & a story popped up about a guy how saw that squirrels were getting hit by traffic as they went across a street to a city park. We was a nature lover & a engineer so he came up an idea of making a bridge between the trees for the critters to use. We found the first bridge "Nutty Narrows" as it's called & the park a carved wooden squirrel statue that is dedicated to the guy in & then decided to look at the map for the others bridges. There are 10 of them, I was able to find 9 of them as most of them are along 1 street. While I only wanted to find "Nutty Narrows", it was cool that we were able to find most of them. It wasn't until we got to the hotel in Portland that I saw were that 10th one was, that made me go "Dangit!". It was a street over from the one where most of them were at. Oh well happy to find them. Longview has something called "Squirrel fest" the 3rd Saturday in August each year, it's more or less a 1 day park festival that celebrates the man, the late Amos Peters & squirrels in general. My wife & told me that we aren't going..........:lol:🐿️

We did get into Portland a bit later then I wanted to, so navigating the streets & such was a pain + we were hungry & we were going to go to the Olive Garden but after finding the closest one, I totally forgot it was Friday evening (around 7) & knew there would be a waiting line, so we ended up going to the Red Robin, next to it. I think the only time I ever eat at RR is when I'm on vacation, as the only one around here is in Boise & I never even to think to eat there. Anyways, after getting back to the hotel, surprisingly the room we got must have been the biggest at the hotel as the room was pretty good size & had a King bed in it. While it didn't bug me too much, there was a large rumble from the TriMet light rail system & station across the street. (something I didn't even notice when looking at the place on Google). Either way the room served it's purpose.

Saturday, my wife & I walked across one of the bridges in Portland, went to the opening Saturday for the Saturday Market, then to Voodoo Donuts (famous, crazy donut shop) & then made our way to Powell's Books (huge city block, 3 stories high bookstore). I did find a couple of older rpg books, but I wasn't in the mood to spend any money, but I also was saving for when I went to Guardian Games (local, huge FLGS in town) later. My wife on the other hand came out of there with a giant paper bag with handles full of books, a Bigfoot t-shirt & other goodies. Since I knew we were close, we headed west to Providence Park, where the Portland Timbers play their home games at (Timbers are a major league soccer team). The last time I had seen the stadium was before the remodel & was a bit disappointed that the team store was now within the stadium vs having outside access. Oh well, saved some cash there. 

Afterwards we made our way back to the hotel & on our way back we came across a Blick Art Materials retail store. Which up to that point, I had never been in a retail store of theirs. Online orders yes, so I knew I had to go in & look around + it gave us a break from the cool damp weather outside. After browsing, we headed back outside & over the bridge again & made our way back to the hotel room. We still had around 2 hours before the doors opened, so I decided we make our way down to Guardian Games as they opened a bit later on Sundays & it was later then the time we wanted to leave. After getting a tad bit lost (my wife doesn't follow Google very well, even with me telling her directions, it got to the point where I told her, I wasn't getting mad at her, just you need to turn when I tell you too & it'll re-route if you miss, etc etc) Either way we made it & tbh, I was kinda disappointed this time. I guess my first time going there in 2019 memories must be muddle as this time it felt smaller & the selection not as diverse as it was before? I don't know, just felt that way to me. I did take some time to look around, took a pic of a goblin statue (one of the Wizkids Pathfinder goblin life-size statues) they had above the rpgs section. Browsed the Wizkids Unpainted - nice to look at the large ($15.99) stuff in person as most of that, my FLGS doesn't carry. They didn't or I couldn't find em, any Reaper minis. It felt weird going into a large store like that & not finding any Reaper in it. I recall in '19 they had a Reaper selection. I did find a rpg called Old-School Essentials, which looked interesting but the price tag for the "Player's Guide" was 39.99 & I really didn't want to plop down the cash for a retro-clone & had no clue was even out. I did Google their name & it came up with some free downloads like a Basic Rules set & such, so I'll have to give that a read before deciding on this one.

After buying a undead beholder Unpainted (I know I have this one, but I have no idea where it is in my house & I really don't feel like looking for it, as I need one for a upcoming Weds night game), we were getting hungry & I suggested we eat at Burgerville, a local to the NW fast food place that I had never eaten at but all these years have seen their signage & such. After ordering a couple of burgers & sharing some fries, I will say it was pretty good food & I would eat there again next time the opp comes up again. We then headed back to the hotel using an alternate route as my wife missed the turn toward the freeway, but the way we did go was straight shot to the hotel, so in a way it was better in the end (why google just didn't suggest it in the first place, I have no idea??). It was around 430 & I saw a couple of people with jerseys heading over to the VMC, so I told my wife, we better go as well. So we walked the less then 10 minute walk over & got into line with the others. The doors opened at 5, so as we headed towards the gates to check in, the Winterhawks/Ticketmaster app did funky things as it showed my tickets but when I  brought up the barcode to scan it would go blank. The gatekeeper guy was like "Ummmm you got me?" So we got out of line to let others in, I tried resetting my password, logging into the stadium wifi, but it still brought up the same blank screen. He then suggested to the ticket office could get me paper tickets to scan in. At this time was getting frustrated at my phone, but went over to the office & they said the issue appears to be a Android phone issue & he then proceeded to issue me paper tickets (which in way is better as I have tickets I can save). He even scanned them in so we would be all set to enter. (we still needed to go through security gate, (like at the airport). Afterwards we were inside!!

We had about 50 minutes to kill before the game started & so we walked around the arena & found the team store. I told myself I was going to buy a shirt or something of that nature but I think having online access to purchase things has made me not want to spend at a retail shop. My wife did get a shirt & we had about 10 minutes before 6 to find our seats. Of course we sat in the wrong numbers, but the guy said they were in that section (just across the aisle) from these. We found our seats & the game began!

Portland scored first, but Victoria scored later & then right before period 1 expired got a lucky shot to make it 2 to 1. Second period there was no scoring & as the 3rd period opened up, Victoria made it 3 to 1. It wasn't until about 10 minutes left when Portland woke up & score 2 quick goals (one being short-handed on a penalty kill) to tie the game up. A few minute later, the Royals scored anther to go up 4 to 3. Portland did get a breakaway attempt that made it 4 all, but the goal was reviewed & after a lengthy delay, finally was called good. After regulation, the game went into overtime & just 17 seconds, my current favorite player for the Winterhawks, James Stefan scored the winning goal! Final 5-4!

It was very cool to see the team finally in person, felt weird not hearing the radio play by play guys call the game, but I loved hearing the board checks & sound of the puck hitting the sticks as they got passed. Very cool to actually see the team colors vs anther team & the seats I picked out were pretty cool. If I ever do anther game, I may have to try & different angle. After the game we walked back to the hotel room & I caught the 2nd half of the Timbers game via online updates as the game wasn't on local tv or streaming (Apple TV deal SUCKS!!!!), but at the time they were ahead 2-0. Sadly Timbers & DC ended in a tie, so glad they didn't lose but sad they did give up a 2 goal lead.

Sunday morning we left Portland around 9 to 10, did a couple stops for breakfast (oddly fast food breakfast places up there apparently don't want dining room customers?? We stopped at 2 places in Gresham, along I84 & Wendy's a BK were both locked for dining room. luckily McD's was open, so we grabbed a quick bite) & left for home. Since it had been awhile we did stop at Multnomah Falls & I must say, cool to see & feel the power of late winter, early spring there. Water was running down there & in 2 other seasonal places, along the entire Columbia Gorge area. I normally only go over on the side of the state later in the year, so cool to experience it in a different season.

We did make a pit stop in Hermiston, OR for food (my wife loves 7-11 chili dogs & since we don't have a 7-11 anymore) she had to stop & then we made a stop in La Grande for gas & drinks & couple of munchies. Of course coming up Cabbage Hill (east side of Pendleton, the foothills of the Blue Mountains) the weather changed drastically & it went from a decent sunny area to dark grey with snow/rain showers as we made our way up the hill & into the Blues. We had snow on the ground, but clear roads all the way through till we had the stop outside of  town. The roads started to get slushy, but as we came back down & into Ontario, they were wet as a rain storm had passed in the area earlier.

Home & I have tonight & tomorrow night off still before I go back for a short week at work. Fun trip & happy to be back on the boards & tbh, home again.

This has to be the longest single post on the Reaper Message Boards.  Is there a Trophy for that?

Got as far as the mention of Old School RPG and had to stop and put up this link for a free Basic Rules Download.

https://necroticgnome.com/products/old-school-essentials-basic-rules

I sponsored their first Kickstarter and what I received is quality stuff.  It's the old rules with all the copyrighted stuff removed and the game system given a polish.  Lots of quality artwork. 

So take a peek at the free samples then, if it interests you order direct.

https://necroticgnome.com/collections/free-downloads

Addendum:  Happy you had an enjoyable time, and especially that you are home safe with all the weather the Northwest is experiencing right now.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, haldir said:

39 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

This has to be the longest single post on the Reaper Message Boards.  Is there a Trophy….?

Yup. 
It was too long; I didn’t read either. 

(It didn’t help that no pair of reading glasses was handy)

• Like 1