Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

FB_IMG_1709572882352.jpg.9b089dac9439eca8d3716aac1abe5582.jpg.56d81fa15e62a6dc3ef3dfba9e3478cf.jpg

Sadly, I just sent this to my son, graduating in Comp Sci this May. He tried it and the compiler caught it and put up a screen tip that it wasn’t a semicolon. Spoil sports. 

• Haha 13

Yah it's probably a good thing I came in this morning (other then I was scheduled). Looking at the request calendar I did only or up to Monday night,  but that's due to up to the 12th is marked off for inventory.  Well the inventory got changed (the entire reason for me going last week vs this week) but this morning is when the goons aka counters come in to do their job. 

Speaking of jobs, I see nothing has changed around here....sigh. At least it's easy night,  as I really don't need to be that neat with my work. Goons will destroy the shelves when they count & we put it back together on Tues night. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

@haldir Thanks for the nice report and pics from your vacation. I enjoyed it.

Was supposed to get my taxes done this morning, but LadyC is not feeling well so rescheduled the appointment. That means an easy morning of drinking coffee and relaxing.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, kristof65 said:

ooh...

I'm not going now - we're talking about driving around Lake Superior this summer, since our plans to visit Vancouver were dashed and my daughter is upset cause she just got her first passport in anticipation of that trip. 

Vancouver sucks. I've been there and I hated it. But I did love the Sunshine Coast, and Vancouver Island is fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 11:46 AM, ShadowRaven said:

I was think it was overly Basic....

Light the straw on fire. It won't break the Camel's back that way, and you will have the fastest in the Caravan...briefly...

I didn't know we were going for historical accuracy. Sultan Mahmud Khan lit camels on fire and sent them at enemy Indian elephants. Chaos and BBQ ensued. You can buy STL miniatures of camels with twigs strapped to them to commemorate this historic event. (Indeed, this is how I first learned of it.)

• Like 8

When I first got this job, I was told I needed to be in the office Monday thru Thursday (barring necessary absences) to be an inspiration to the younger engineers and act as encouragement for them to be in the office too. 

Currently alone. Don’t think my manager is even here today. Wonder if I’m honorable to keep coming in or a chump. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

24 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

When I first got this job, I was told I needed to be in the office Monday thru Thursday (barring necessary absences) to be an inspiration to the younger engineers and act as encouragement for them to be in the office too. 

Currently alone. Don’t think my manager is even here today. Wonder if I’m honorable to keep coming in or a chump. 

Honorable chump? :why not both gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Mwuhaha!!!

Lady who yelled "Yes, I checked all the fuses" at me last week finally got a distributor tech on site.  Because if it wasn't the fuse, it had to be her pump stands, and that's not our equipment. 

Just got off the phone with the distributor tech.  Wanna guess what it was?  First two guesses don't count. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

29 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Mwuhaha!!!

Lady who yelled "Yes, I checked all the fuses" at me last week finally got a distributor tech on site.  Because if it wasn't the fuse, it had to be her pump stands, and that's not our equipment. 

Just got off the phone with the distributor tech.  Wanna guess what it was?  First two guesses don't count. 

1) Evil wash bay wizards from the wild west wearing worn out Westworld outfits 

2) The Spanish Inquisition 

3) The pump stands!

• Haha 11