Ral Partha Female Thief with Dagger, second version, sculpted by Dennis Mize

72moonglum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Well, they both look good, but the newer figure does look better; as you stated your greater experience has helped to bring her up to the next level. 

Thanks Chaoswolf!  Upon some reflection it might have been a nice idea to do her in the same original colors, as in a progress sense, my yellows are better than they were years ago, et cetera. Maybe I'll do that some day still. I'm sure I have another copy of her hanging around somewhere.

1 hour ago, KruleBear said:

Nice. Skin variation is more realistic in the new version 

1 hour ago, KruleBear said:

Nice. Skin variation is more realistic in the new version 

Thanks KruleBear!  I thinks it's probably a very similar formula with probably the same colors, but ten years later.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2022 at 5:44 AM, 72moonglum said:

She's kind of a weird figure too, because assuming she has that chainmail under her shirt and then over her pants, it kind of makes me wonder how well that was actually thought out or how it would work, but equally it's not actually chainmail, but just some fabric and I've been perceiving it erroneously as chain mail all these years.  

She is a barbarian in disguise. That is her chainmail bikini armour. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Iridil said:

OOO... you leveled her up! love the skintones and the color choices pop more on the new one!

Thanks Iridil, I think the if I would redo the yellow it might also pop pretty decently as it would be quite the contrast to the skin, but I wanted to try a new color scheme!

14 hours ago, DragonWyrm said:

She is a barbarian in disguise. That is her chainmail bikini armour. 

Or maybe she's just a modest barbarian and wears all her chainmail bikini under hear loose fitting "Footloose" sweatshirt and her pantaloons!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

I like the color scheme better on the old one, (just a matter of personal preference), but the execution is far better on the new one. Great skin work and the highlights on the hair are quite nice. She's got a very expressive face...you did a great job bringing it to life (in both versions).

Thanks Grand Slam! 

it’s always hard to choose colors which is sometimes why it’s nice to paint something a second or third time. I’ve got my “holy grail” figure that I have painted the first version of and I still have five more to go!

• Like 1