my best piece...so far

twiztidjuggalo78

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said.

Also I'd go with pics that show the mini with the detail you would see if you looked really closely at it. Ie only about double the scale. So 50mm for 25mm scale minis. I find if you go too close any mini looks dodgy, and in RL you wouldn't see it that way anyway.

Nice start. Better than mine ::):

im currently experamenting with a couple of matte sealers to see which one workds best for me. GW's, testors, and armory. the armory brand hasnt really worked out. every time i clear coat something it leaves this fine dust on anything that ive painted brown. this monk is now clear coated with GW's matte sealer and is alot less glossy. thanks alot for the cropping and gamma thing Herr, what ever that means

Looks pretty good. There are a few places where it looks like you've gotten some metallic paint onto the wood of the weapon, but that's a pretty easy fix. Looks like you're doing some nice shading on your fleshtones, though the varnish makes it a bit difficult to distinguish.

Gamma correction is a term that refers to adjusting the colors and intensity of an image to make it more true to life. There are a number of different tricks you can use with image processing software.

his staff is just a base coat because i couldnt figure out what 2 do with it....hes kinda glossy in this pic because i hadnt clear coated him at that point.

I stuggle with flat surfaces like that, too. Definitely apply a matte sealant. I think you're off to a good start. Maybe I will get up the guts to post some of my first work.

im using the GW stuff right now havent had the guts to try dull cote yet. so far i really like the fact that the GW matte leaves the metals shiny i feel that it adds to the realistic look of it. im gonna try to get a couple of better pics of this guy and post them up in here so everyone can see the differance in the finished clear coated piece and the pic thats up right now.