Some finished models for November

snitchythedog

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the work, and that you shared your modeling funk this time of year. I tend to go through the same thing in that I’m just not that interested in working on that stuff when the weather is this great outside, and the days are shorter.

• Like 3

Those shriekers are amazing - what is the pale green you used on the stems please? The grass and grotty armour on the skellibobs is great ( should necromancers have a "Resurrect Armour" cantrip?). And I had forgotten about Stirge!  Wonderful memory of running the "Lost Caverns of Tsojanth" in AD&D for the pre-made characters and first encounter a plucky little stirge zoomed in and killed the main fighter -20-20-100 - so thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

Great idea with the grass tufts on the skeletons!

Not my idea.  A couple of people did similar over on Lead Adventure and I thought it looked pretty cool and shamelessly stole it.

1 hour ago, Magic Lantern said:

Those shriekers are amazing - what is the pale green you used on the stems please?

None.  They were zenith primed white over black.  Both surfaces were just colored using a thin downed wash of a wash so it only tinted the surface rather than darkened it.  The main stem was washed with thinned Citadel Shade Casanodora Yellow.  The underside of the caps was only washed with Thinned down Antnonian Camoshade.  Once that was set I used the neat Camoshade to darken each of the deep veins. 

Many thanks for all the nice comps.  I am trying to keep motivated this winter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

These are exactly how I prefer skeletons - weathered...grimy...freshly-risen. Great job with your execution. Ditto the litch Lord. I love the weathering on his robes. 

Those shriekers are amazing. They look like real, organic objects (though, I'm infinitely thankful that these don't exist in the real world). 🙂

Good job on the stirges, too. I like the dark color scheme. They look prepared to hassle some adventurers.

• Thanks 1