Fantasy LEDS - Make your table shine! Volume 1

Auberon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I backed this one. It will give me a good excuse to mess around with printing in clear resin.

On that note, where is the best place to order small battery-powered LEDs from?

Actually, given the time of the year, I may be best to wait until Christmas lights go on sale and harvest the LEDs from a set of lights.

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 2

Help! Electronics-noob me has gone down a big rabbit hole that had led me to googling a Wyloch YouTube video on LEDs for miniatures (really good video too), googling LEDs to buy on AliExpress and hitting up my friend with electronics knowledge on what I need to get started (and he’s offered to lend me all I need to start).

Edited by Olaf the Stout
  • Like 2

Search on "take apart LED tea lights" and "DMs craft tea lights" for ideas. 

I guess if I were to back a LED miniatures KS, I'd want videos showing me how to convert LED tea lights to LED sources?

EDIT: NEVER KNEW LED BALLS EXISTED! 😄

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Auberon said:

These are designed to take LED balls so there is no wiring. They are super cheap (10¢ each), but have a finite life.

7862b52a4101b4fb682d3082a2eae0d6_original.jpg.ac4a7379eaa3d8314a4686e1b754ac8f.jpg

Yeah, I’ve ordered some of those off AliExpress, but I’m also taking this as the push to actually learn how to wire up my own. Plus my gaming buddy did an electronics apprenticeship many years ago and has said he’ll lend me what I need and show me the ropes.

• Like 1