Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Warlord

Smallville

For instance, shower scene: I didn't think you could show boobies on TV. I guess I was wrong.

There was an episode of CSI that had rather prolonged nude scenes. Granted, it was a corpse (and perhaps a mannequin), but it was nudity nonetheless.

I used to think a scene with a man cutting his fingers off and a woman pulling a piece of glass out of her eye would be too much for tv, but there was that and a lot more on Angel (may he rest in piece ::P: ). At least there was a parental warning before and during the episode, though...something many programs/stations have seemingly forgotten.

I am a little distressed over the amount of sexuality they're putting into the show.  If it's going to be reduced to Clark putting someone out of action between rows with the local teenage hotties, then I don't know if I want to watch anymore.  Personally, I'd like to see less skin and more character development...  If I wanted the opposite, I'd watch [insert Random Reality TV Show].

AMEN!

On another note, the dialogue and interaction between teenagers isn't as stilted as it was in seasons 2 and 3.

But this gratuitous sex stuff really has got to go. I hope they writers get it out of their system. For instance, shower scene: I didn't think you could show boobies on TV. I guess I was wrong.

kit

Boobies? :huh:

Oh well, the sex issue has really been overdone of late. But it's no longer a love triangle... it's a square: Clark, Lois, Lana and Chloe. And remember true believers, that Clark Kent in the comics was a virgin up until he proposed and/or married Lois... so we won't have to sit thru that issue at least (crosses fingers).

I did feel that pain as Chloe finally caught on. She was probably thinking this was the year for her and Clark...

Oh, and I can't wait for the super-mistake on the football field that ruins Clark. Obviously Clark would have an advantage and I don't ever remember the comics showing Clark Kent playing football in college.

Oh, and all the inside jokes about everyone's future - Clark and Lois - are already getting quite stale.

But it's Senior year of high school. So the show will die... or will it be like 90210 and just drag on and on and on and on going thru college?

And I want Pete back! Clark doesn't need his sidekick to be Lois? Or are we going to see Jimmy Olson suddenly appear as a 6th grader? Hmmm...

I've never watched it. Is it really that good?

It's better than I thought it would be. I enjoy the show, but then again I seem to be one of the few to enjoy "Enterprise" as well...

I thought Enterprise had its moments. Like a lot of Trek it suffered from uneven writing... But what annoyed me the most about this series was the whole "Temporal Cold War" theme and the amazingly cliche'd ST trope of...Time TRavel! Ugh! So much potential there...

Damon.

Watch it! Seems that I (apparently) like Enterprise as much as the next guy, but this is a Smallville thread, dangit.

Start yer own dang thread. :;):

Now as far as Smallville goes, once it got off of the "Freak of the Week" formula and started wtih the actual character development, it became an interesting show. I have high hopes for this season, as soon as the writers get their pens out of the gutters, because the dialogue and interaction is snappy, witty, and (dare I say) much more realsitic than previous seasons.

Heck, I love seeing the character development of Bo Duke, er... Johnathan Kent. They're starting to give the man depth beyond his stern, overprotective archetype. And Lex speaking in oblique metaphors all the time, alluding to unresolved feelings for Lana. Love it.

kit

Watch it! Seems that I (apparently) like Enterprise as much as the next guy, but this is a Smallville thread, dangit.

Start yer own dang thread. :;):

Yes your Kitness :down:

ok...

i was very pleased to see that the WB gave honor to christopher reeve,before and after tonights show.

with the last saying "he taught us that a man could fly"...i have to say that this was the right thing to do. i can only recall here in the past two years only the death of johnny cash has hurt more.

for my generation he was Superman,i cant think of anybody who u would first think of when u think of Superman :down:

my folks and other can remember the late george reeves wearing the outfit.this man(CR) was not only a good actor but an outstanding human being. and i ask that if anybody wishes to go look at this print.

http://www.kevinconradart.com/images/pen_a...ribute_c_s2.jpg

Yes Christopher will be missed :down:

But on a brighter note, did ya guys check out Chloe :wub:

hmmm... must start the Reaper Message Board's official Chloe Fan Club

Hey, Kit you can be my vice president... yer first duty is to get the boys and girls of Reaper to make a mini sculpture of Chloe. I'd say a mini of her in Kent's football jersery would work :wub:

Missed about 15 minutes in the middle due to my kids' bedtime, but let me take this opportunity to say that (based on what I saw) I'm so glad the writers didn't go where last week's preview implied.

Good episode tonight. On a practical note, I wonder what will happen to the Virgil Swann plotlines after this season.

On yet another note, I used to watch the last five minutes of "Days of Our Lives" when I was a kid (starting at about 3 years old) because Superman (with G. Reeves) came on immediately after.

And my final note, I have mixed feelings about the passing of Christopher Reeve. His portrayal of Superman defined what it meant to be a hero for generations of viewers. His accident led to a active organization dedicated to helping out paralysis victims, certainly heroic in its own right. At 52, given what he went through during his half-century life span, he had a good run, and he is undoubtedly in a better place.

The producers' inclusion of the simple memoriam was touching.

Ok. I'm done. Discuss.

kit

I was very disappointed in tonight's episode. This season has been more "90210/Dawson's Creek" stuff than anything I've seen in the past...

Although, Chloe looked good, better than she ever has, they've already gotten rid of Lois thanks to Lex.

And ENOUGH of the stupid inside jokes that will prove to be true in his future.

But next week we have Clark versus the Teenage Flash... LOL! Now hopefully this will be a good episode.