Purple color looks similar?!?!

Xauhaudoom

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello, well as for your value (darkness) question, I would give deep twilight a value of 2 and imperial purple a value of 5 or 6 making deep twilight the darker of the two. Now as for your Hue question I've found it best to add white to the color thus from me doing it to the above colors I see that deep twight has a lot more blue tint in it than imperial purple. Hope this helps and it's just imo.

To me it looks as if Twilight has a tiny bit of white in it, and Imperial has a tiny bit of black.  Here they are, the larger splotch out of the bottle with a bit of water to show it thinned. The smaller splotch is with a bit of white. 

IMG_20221210_191411262_HDR.jpg.91699480a94613f44df3e4dea68200cc.jpg

• Like 1

If I’m not mistaken, the Twilight Purple was part of their ‘coverage’ line where it was designed to slather a solid base layer on Bones, as compared to Imperial Purple. If that is the case, Twilight might prove more difficult to work with for layering as compared to detailing you might get from Imperial regardless of which is darker.

I’ve used Twilight as a coverage paint largely for staying more on a true purple.

Twilight tends to like to trend toward muted or grayed purple.

Whereas I use Imperial for trending toward a reddish hue.

Edited by Adrift