locating pulp era vehicles canada

lexomatic

I'm having problems finding any pulp era cars -especially non-military that are in any way affordable. A 3d printer for home is not feasible and not seeing enough in resellers to make a purchase that is efficient with shipping.

Open to die-cast, 3d print,model  1/43 to 1/56 whatever else. ( I cam find modern cars no problem at the dollar store,  but cannot find ANYTHING what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a stretch, but you could e-mail Bob Murch and ask him if he has any ideas. He is a sculptor from Kelowna, I believe. Anyway, his line of minis is called Pulp Figures. He shares a booth with Crocodile Games at many cons, so that's how I know about him. Mini people are usually pretty happy to help each other out, so it's worth an ask. 

• Like 1

I looked at ebay and shipping is still tons sometimes hard to find scale or dimensions from the limited amount of stuff I find. I don't want vintage or collectible prices. This just might be a fallow period in availability for what i want. I don't drive so truck stops aren't an option. I don't really go out that much either, but pharmacies here don't have those kinds of toys. Nothing that's a replica of a ~100 year old car anyway.

No toy stores or model stores have stuff that's civilian from those eras ( not looking for supply trucks or tanks or armored cars).

Sigh

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lexomatic said:

I looked at ebay and shipping is still tons sometimes hard to find scale or dimensions from the limited amount of stuff I find. I don't want vintage or collectible prices. This just might be a fallow period in availability for what i want. I don't drive so truck stops aren't an option. I don't really go out that much either, but pharmacies here don't have those kinds of toys. Nothing that's a replica of a ~100 year old car anyway.

No toy stores or model stores have stuff that's civilian from those eras ( not looking for supply trucks or tanks or armored cars).

Sigh

Thanks for the suggestions.

is 3d printing an option? I'm seeing some 20's cars available on myminifactory. from epic miniatures and some others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

is 3d printing an option? I'm seeing some 20's cars available on myminifactory. from epic miniatures and some others

I'm not getting a printer anytime soon and no resellers have more than one I want making it about double with shipping. So out of my price range. Also no friends with printers who will print stuff for me, and no ability to use library maker sites.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 1

Seth Skorkowsky recommends the Models Of Yesteryear range by Matchbox, but you'll probably have to struggle to find a good deal on em.

https://youtu.be/vJhIC6IKz2Y?t=730

Have you tried checking thrift stores? I usually find bundles of toy cars at mine. Check Toys R Us too since we still have those. They usually had a solid selection of toy cars... Hot Wheels, Matchbox, last I checked they even had their own cheaper house brand. I don't know how much of them would be focused on vintage though.

RAFM makes a few vehicles for their licensed Call Of Cthulhu range but those'll run you 27$CAD per car.

• Like 2