It's official!

Brooding Paladin

What of the plans to open up your very own

(or someone else's) FLGS in Houston ???

Will you still try it in Denver or is this job that good???

Well, I had to be honest with myself on a couple of fronts and that kind of turned my attnetion from the game store idea. No way I mode to Denver and try to compete with Attactix, Valhalla, and Gamer's Gathering (down in Colorado Springs). Fortunately for me, the job is that good. It came along right as I was processing whether I could go ahead with the store or not.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I'll be up there soon. I'm glad to hear there are good Con's there. ::D:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Genghis Con be on Valentine's Day weekend again?  Bad timing this year.  :-p

Genghis Con is not on Valentines day this year. WooHoo!!!

It will run the 17-20th of February, which, as always, is Presidents' day weekend. Presidents' day is always the third Monday of February and we hate it when those date start to merge together.

We never deliberately choose for the convention to fall on Valentines day, it just finds us. We usually manage to convince hotels to run special Valentine's Day specials for us.

And we get four straight conventions without having to hasle with Valentine's day at all! It will be 2009 when the 14th and the third Monday start to converge again.

We are also doing a serious over haul of the painting competition this year and bringing back the speed painting contest and with enough support some other painting goodies as well.

Well, welcome to the wonderful intermountain region. I'm about 450-500 miles away, but out here that's local . . . :rolleyes:

Heh. People tend to forget how big Texas is.

400 miles is a trip from Austin to Dallas. 620 miles is a trip from Austin to El Paso (and Austin, mind you, is in the middle of the state).

You can drive eight hours in one direction in this state and never leave. I used to laugh at friends who complained about driving eight hours and passing through 3 states. At least they got somewhere! :B):

Congrats BP. Maybe I'll start looking at Denver myself, although having just re-hooked up with some old friends that I've known since I was 12 is incentive right now for me to stay put.

400 miles is a trip from Austin to Dallas. 620 miles is a trip from Austin to El Paso (and Austin, mind you, is in the middle of the state).

400 miles from Austin to Dallas?? I'd hate to see which way you go to get there... Mapquest says 200 miles.

Although, labor day weekend, it FELT like 400 miles, from DFW to San Antonio... normally a 4 hour trip, took us 7. Blech.

Heh, I do that all the time. It is 200 miles, on average about 4 hours, barring any construction (which there normally is). Sometimes I'll say it's 400 miles and a 2 hour trip.

I'm exhausted and not feeling good. Part of the reason I haven't been on much lately. I've been working through my breaks at work and when I get home I don't have any time to log on while taking care of the kid. Now I have a sore throat and just want to curl up and go to sleep but can't. We've got deadlines to meet.

And I still need to finish my spring cleaning. I'm almost through, but there's still stuff to be hauled into storage before I can assemble the crib...

Anyone want to help a poor, tired, overworked new mom so maybe I can start finding some time to paint? :B):

Anyone want to help a poor, tired, overworked new mom so maybe I can start finding some time to paint? :B):

:) Would be glad to if I were a touch closer. ;) Take it ya didn't see the post I made in the Artist Conference board. Someone offered you a ride if you could find a place to stay....

-J