What Alon Painted in January (2023)

AlonTey

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great finally having the BLM stuff in-hand, isn't it? I love your take on the Innkeeper. He also screamed "light blue shirt" to me (haven't got around to painting mine yet, though). Your other BLM guys look great, too - especially the inner furnace effect on the Automaton.

The monks may not have been super-fun to paint, but the end result was a great-looking group. I love the pops of blue. 

Lovely work on that white dragon wyrmling...I'm impressed that you were able to get such drastic darks. It REALLY worked out well.

Good job on the other stuff, too. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 11:27 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Great bunch!

I really love that car and that white dragon is also a killer!

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Dirtying up drug store cars is great fun.   Think a couple cop cars and a school bus would be nice post apocalyptic additions too come to think of it...

On 2/1/2023 at 11:29 AM, Corsair said:

Great job on the snow leopard!

Thanks Corsair!  Painting fur is hard!  Glad you liked it.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, Chaoswolf said:

You had a very productive month; good work all around!

Thanks Chaoswolf!  I'll say it didn't feel productive but the the nice thing about posting all one's stuff is that, when it's all together like this....yeah, not too bad for a month!

On 2/1/2023 at 5:29 PM, ced1106 said:

Excellent job! Wouldn't mind more BLM mini's so I have an idea how to paint mine! 😄

Thanks ced1106!  Well good news, just because you said that I've got more coming.  Finished the demon lord and naga and feel pretty happy with both!

On 2/2/2023 at 7:58 AM, Poilu_1914 said:

Great job on that truck and love the windows in the barber shop.

Thanks Poilu_1914!  Glad you like the windows.  I was worried it'd look too...cartoony but I think it's mostly fine?

On 2/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Iridil said:

So many great minis! I am also a fan of the snow leapard, and drawn to that troll and your stone/earth elemental.

Thanks Iridil!  I think, simple though it be, the elemental is one of my favorites too.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, Grand Slam said:

It's great finally having the BLM stuff in-hand, isn't it? I love your take on the Innkeeper. He also screamed "light blue shirt" to me (haven't got around to painting mine yet, though). Your other BLM guys look great, too - especially the inner furnace effect on the Automaton.

The monks may not have been super-fun to paint, but the end result was a great-looking group. I love the pops of blue. 

Lovely work on that white dragon wyrmling...I'm impressed that you were able to get such drastic darks. It REALLY worked out well.

Good job on the other stuff, too. 

Thanks Grand Slam!  Glad you like the wyrmling.  I wanted to try to push the shadow a bit since...y'know, can't go much brighter than white but didn't want it to look too murky.  Color on that innkeeper comes courtesy of their color concept art which was available to backers but seems to have gone AWOL since. 

Innkeeper.png.cb2a845a5627f595da4b4527e95ac6d3.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlonTey said:

Color on that innkeeper comes courtesy of their color concept art which was available to backers but seems to have gone AWOL since. 

Hmm...I was thinking "widespread color scheme thought-implantation conspiracy." But, your explanation makes a lot more sense and seems more reasonable. 🙂

Looks like I've got some photos with pins and string to take down off the walls...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlonTey said:

I was worried it'd look too...cartoony but I think it's mostly fine?

I think they're fine. One thing that could make them pop even more would be a brush-on gloss clear coat (it may be the photos but they look matte to me). I do that when I do gems and it really makes a difference.

• Like 1

Splendid work! Love the blues on Seoni, the earth elemental's highlighting, the jolly barkeep, and the automaton! Those monks are also fun; Brother Gudbook in particular looks like he found a particularly worrying verse!

• Like 2