Coverup of disaster at Baghdad?

Lars Porsenna

I was alerted to this today. To make a long story short, the author alleges there was a coverup of a serious military disaster at the Baghdad airport during the initial invasion.

Personally, I'm pretty skeptical, and I think some of the evidence he points to is not reliable. I would like to see some corroborating sources before I pass judgement. But I thought I would post it here for everyone to make up their own minds...

Damon.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard is that a special unit was trying to plant WMDs and they were spotted by our regulaur forces that then since they didnt know they were ours proceeded to blow them to kingdoom come.

Thats what you are talking about I guess? I think it could have accourd but havent seen any evidence of it yet to completely convince me I guess I am 50/50.

Gonna go check the link out

From what I have heard is that a special unit was trying to plant WMDs and they were spotted by our regulaur forces that then since they didnt know they were ours proceeded to blow them to kingdoom come.

Thats what you are talking about I guess? I think it could have accourd but havent seen any evidence of it yet to completely convince me I guess I am 50/50.

Gonna go check the link out

Man, where do you get these things from? :lol:

*edit*

I have numerous friends who were there from the begining and are there now, I've never heard any such rumors, nor have they.

Sounds like another wacked out conspiracy theory to me.

Cadaver were your friends at the siege of the airport specifically?

I think in Theory its possible this is a true account its hard when there's not allot to verify with so it would need allot of hardcore research.

The very point of the article is that the information wasn't allowed to get out and the reins were held tight so very few people are privy to this ordeal according to the article.

One thing we know is that the army don't want attention on the dead and wounded Americans because it doesn't help the war effort so it would be in their interest to keep the deathtoll down and the success of the siege up in the publics eyes. After all they didn't want any pictures of caskets returning from Iraq. First time there have been such a tight control on the wareffort in history of bad news returning back. I think there could be a 50/50 chans its a true account but I think it needs more study to be sure.

I think in Theory its possible this is a true account its hard when there's not allot to verify with so it would need allot of hardcore research.

In "theory", monkeys might fly outa my butt, but I wouldn't place any money on it.

*edit*

Man, I work in a science lab. There is a lot of difference between "theory" and actuality.

Also, the badges and graphics that they showed on the website look like they were done by a 10 year old, not the kind of thing you have on an "elite" squad.

Not to mention that if they were planting WMD's there would be NO screw-ups, trust me I was in the military and that is one area you do not screw around with.

I don't believe this guy at all, even he wasn't there. It's all supposation, with no hard evidence.

Considering the way the US media, or forign media for that fact, operates...I think if there were any such information available...this story would have broken long ago.

The fact he's offered a $1000 to any reporter who can 'break' this story is meaningless, any reporter who could make this story happen would have long ago...it's gold in the bank.

It may very well be that something unexpected happened that night at the airport. The US does run ops that the general public will probably never know about. Service records that are primarily black lines through the entire report, or reports none of us will ever read.

But with a loss of this magnitude, I can't a story about this wouldn't have broken.

My biggest problem is that he doesn't really offer any proof except his own conjecture, and offered his alleged military background in intelligence as proof. Not to mention his background shows, from what I interpret at least, as not much more than a translator.

What he does offer are essay's and emails he sent out...I didn't see a single return email.

Ok, lets define an essay...

"A short literary composition on a single subject, usually presenting the personal view of the author."

Hmmmmm....I don't see a single shred of anything from this page that proves anything except he's another of hundreds of thousands of conspiracy theorists on topics that range from the war in Iraq to Elvis was kidnapped by UFO's.

I give all of them about the same consideration...not much.

In "theory", monkeys might fly outa my butt, but I wouldn't place any money on it.

*edit*

Man, I work in a science lab. There is a lot of difference between "theory" and actuality.

Also, the badges and graphics that they showed on the website look like they were done by a 10 year old, not the kind of thing you have on an "elite" squad.

Not to mention that if they were planting WMD's there would be NO screw-ups, trust me I was in the military and that is one area you do not screw around with.

I don't believe this guy at all, even he wasn't there. It's all supposation, with no hard evidence.

Man while I agree with the general gist of what you are saying...the comments like the type of graphics that are on his website don't really enter into the picture.

That would lead credence to many web pages that are well designed with graphic artists on staff, but claim something like....George Bush is really a shapeshifting alien bent on the destruction of the World.

Working in a science lab don't do much good, because well, well, this isn't a science lab we are discussing...so it would be like comparing appes and oranges...it doesn't lead any credence to your argument, just kind of muddies the water...

Claims based on your military record are not any different from claims he has made on his website, without documentation or proof, well, it doesn't do much good here...

I was merely pointing out that theories and realities are usually very far apart.

As for the graphics, I was refering to unit badges, there wasn't one on the website that even looked like an army badge.

As for my claims about my military record, ask anyone who has handled or watched WMD's be handled, the gov't makes OSHA look unsafe in that regard.

Well that is highly debatable Cadaver.

Since you are in the army and know the USA special service army badges well, (Wich I take there is a huge number of) and you think this badges are fake then I would say yes this could likely be a fake story created by someone for fun and giggles though I really don't see the funny in this page.

As for mentioning the planting of WMDs story I had heard from another source after reading trough the article this was apparently another different account happening at the Iraqi airport that the day they took the airport there was allot fiercer resistance than told in the media.

And also why is it that everytime a topic about somebody Conspiring against someone is brought up for discussion one or several people mention Elvis and Ufos like that has anything to do with the topic???

When we talk about Conspiracy what does the word mean to Conspire. I am not super proficient in English but when anyone uses the word it is almost always to discredit an issue or topic.

Didn't the Al queda Conspire to attack America or is that the wrong word to use or do we need to bring up Aliens and Elvis with Alqueada to??

You see the word Conspiracy is just a word and it means

CONSPIRACY, Crim, law, torts An Agreement between two or more persons to do an unlawful act wich may become by the combination injuious to others.

- a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act

I might have confused the topic sorry Damon uppsss.

I read the whole artice on the link and I couldn't really see what exactly he was trying to claim.

Was he claiming that an Iraqi attack, at or near the airport, killed many US soldiers who's deaths were 'covered up' by the government? The US government can't even hide the fact that their president got a blow-job from an intern, how are they going to hide 10's or a couple hundred dead? Ridiculous.

Or is he claiming that the battle for Baghdad was more of a contest than was the popular perception? In which case, yeah, possibly.

Anyone who's read any of my posts on Iraq will know I have no reason or inclination to support Bush but seriously, take a deep breath and repeat after me -

"Just because it's on the Internet, doesn't mean it's real"

And also why is it that everytime a topic about somebody Conspiring against someone is brought up for discussion one or several people mention Elvis and Ufos like that has anything to do with the topic???

When we talk about Conspiracy what does the word mean to Conspire. I am not super proficient in English but when anyone uses the word it is almost always to discredit an issue or topic.

Didn't the Al queda Conspire to attack America or is that the wrong word to use or do we need to bring up Aliens and Elvis with Alqueada to??

You see the word Conspiracy is just a word and it means

CONSPIRACY, Crim, law, torts An Agreement between two or more persons to do an unlawful act wich may become by the combination injuious to others.

- a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act

I might have confused the topic sorry Damon uppsss.

Laugh I brought it up..so I'll explain my POV.

I used it as a point to bring out the glaring lack of proof being offered. It is a bit further down the believability scale, but sometimes a bit of exaggeration is used to bring forth an argument. You are correct, it has nothing to do with the specific subject at hand, just used as a point of clarification.

You are correct on the interpretation of conspiracy.

However you have taken it out of context in my post.

When you add the definition of theory, that would apply in this instance..."An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture. ", it should become a bit clearer.

Does that help at all VL?

What is the first Casualty of War? Truth always on all sides.

Suggesting that the American military intelligence would be incapable of keeping secrets is to me not believable.

Intelligence in war is very important factor in winning the war. There are many reasons intelligence would try their very bestest to keep American Casualties secret.

I would agree that I didn't find any hard evidence on the site either only the persons account of what he is saying to have experienced so I would say like I did before that it is an interesting account it could perhaps be person wanting to spread confusion for his own sick Humor or perhaps it could be real 50/50.

In Court if a person have been Raped as an example you don't dismiss an investigation because there are no evidence present right away you investigate and even if you don't have any direct evidence you can convict someone on a witness account on its own.

Rowdymon Yes I understood perfectly well what you were saying in your earlier posts.

If you where going to fabricate a story...why would you do it at a place that you know your troops are coming to...why not find one of the many...and I say many bunkers in the Iraqi desert...and just plant them...with no eyes to accidently see something they shouldn't...

When you plant something...the more chances that something can go wrong...pretty much means that it will go wrong...

To me...the fact that we havn't found WMD...tells me this story is just wishful thinking...if the govnt or military wanted to plant evidence they could of easily have dont it by now...