Qwyksilver

RE: Upgrades and stuff

Time for my celebration. Just woke up from last night and I find that my ISP has updated their DNS records. Hooray!

What this means for the average user, dear friends, is already apparent in the usage graphs from the switch. In less than 12 hours our requests per second handled and sustained throughput from web requests are already both up by a factor of two. They seem to still be climbing.

A classic case of build it and they will come, or something like that, these graphs don't lie. The really nice thing for me as an administrator is, if we hit the ceiling again, I still have lots of room to raise it with available performance tweaks and tunings I haven't had a chance to fully implement. Not to mention room for another 7 GB of RAM. Heck, I haven't even plugged in the second ethernet port yet!

So there we are. Reaper's web sites should all resolve to 65.169.21.131 when all is said and done. Thanks for your continued patience and support. Is it any wonder I like all of you so much?

kit

Kit -- I don't know if your upgrade had anything to do with it, but the store is much much faster now.

Thanks.

Kit -- I don't know if your upgrade had anything to do with it, but the store is much much faster now.

Thanks.

I wasn't going to solicit; still, I was hoping someone would discover that on their own. Yes, the store engine has plenty of brute force behind it now. One of my many expectations with this upgrade has been realized.

kit