Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Problems with Discount Hobby

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with ordering from Discount Hobby.com lately?

Seems like before I could place a order & in about 3 - 4 days have the order in my hand, now it not even close to that timeframe. Just curious if Johnny is goin through problems at the store or what?

I was just wondering cause I placed a good size order for the current & some older Reapers on the 11th of this month & a couple days ago got a confirm that the order would go out today the 20th, tack on 3-4 days for shipping & you've got close to 2 weeks from the day of ordering. A little annoyed but Johnny has never let me down, but I had a delay problem with my previous order so I was just wondering.

I like Johnny & don't mind forkin over the bucks for minigoodness but these last two delays will make me think about ordering alot in the future. Been wanting to give Neal & the Warstore more orders so I think this will be a good time to rethink who I buy from.

Also speakin of online etailers, what's up with Albino Rhino lately? No Updates for a long long time, just curious if everything is ok with them finacially. As they are one of my favorites to order from 3 days tops in gettin orders, & that's from NJ to eastern OR!!!

thanks

Randy M

If your order was large enough to get the Goddess mini, then sometimes there is a delay as they cast them as the orders come in. If it had Fenryll minis in it (The last time) if they were out of stiock they had to wait til Fenryll shipped again, which wasn't til the middle of last month. (Seems they guys at Fenryll were on holiday or something) Also with it being convention season still....that may or may not have some impact.

LT

I've only order from them a couple of times (both recently) and my orders have gotten to me fairly quickly. There was a mixup with the first one as he said that they sometimes have problems with the orders that are purchased using PayPal. But once that got straightened out, I got my order in just a few days.

ok sounds about right (order was 70 something) thus enabled me to get 2 Pokeys & that could be the reason. My last order was enough for 2 bonus figs as well. I forgot about the cast to order thing with the bimonthly bonus figure.

Like I said not upset or anything, as Johnny has never let me down & hell like everyone else here got tons of the primed greys sittin on the shelves asking me "when are you gonna paint me"

I guess I'm just figured ancy I guess ::D:

Anther reason why I like ordering with DH is they get the figs quick, everyone else I see on order or whatnot.

thanks guys!!

Randy M

My order before last, with the Loki figure, I placed it at the last minute and had to wait a bit more because of teh casting time...so it is a good guess.

LT

I've never had a problem with them except once and I called and it was fixed straight away..I think you just hit a snag...Johnny has always been soooooo good to me. ::D:

Though I haven't ordered from them in awhile .. :down:

As far as Albino Rhino...I haven't seen updates either and was wondering the same thing....

Oh well, I have been too impatient lately and been getting my stuff at my NSFLGS <_< because I haven't had the $$ for bigger orders to make it worth paying the S/H.

Can't wait to be back working and have the cash to order what I really want. I haven't worked in 3 months...Shoulder surgery sucks...Talk about mini-painting withdrawls. It takes a week for me to do what would normally take a few hours.........Frustration at it's most extreeme! UGHHH

Ok,done venting

I say give Johnny another shot or call him and I can say without hestitation he'll get it sorted out...He really does care about customer service!

like I said, I'm not upset or anything, mainly was kinda concerned is maybe something was wrong Johnny or the operation or whatnot, but the casting per order does make sense, I spaced that off.

Johnny has always been great with me, answering every email I said (even sent one right after I sent mine & it was probably 11 pm or so there in Michgan time). Like I said I guess I'm ancy with seein what I ordered in person, mostly the new releases & couple Exalted stuff.

I should have the order today or tomorrow, heck I should go pass out for a couple hours (I work graveyard shift) but heck I'm not tired so I guess I'll try & wait for my mailman to show up, but then I would probably even get less sleep for tonight's shift, HA HA

I should give Dixie a email shout & see if everything is ok with them, would hate to see them drop out of the online mini buisness & they are my source for Vallejo paints & oddball mini manfcs.

Randy M

just an update

DH order arrive yesterday as I thought it would & everything was packed & organized as usual with orders from DH.

thanks, Johnny!!!

Randy M