Sign in to follow this  
TheBachelor

Space Cowboys

Rebecca tries to catch the eyes of Hawk. Then tilts her head back indicating she wants some back-up just incase. Having two of the crew sat down puts the group at too big a disadvantage. "That woman is higher than a starburst shell over Leagara." She thinks to herself.

The woman giggles then quickly covers her mouth in shock, as though Terrance has said the most scandalous thing she has ever heard. She scoots away from him, curling her legs under her.

Xiao nods at the captain, “The job pays three hundred plat. One hundred now, plus two more on delivery. The package won’t take up much space and your free take on additional cargo, or even passengers if you like, for the trip from Yellow Dog to Pendergast. Sound fair?”

"Hmmm he is paying over the odds, sounds like there is more to this deal than mets the eye. The rep on Xiao doesn't suggest he throws his money around lightly, so he is expecting some form of trouble."

"I think that sounds equitable." says the Captain. Still looking at Xiao he nonchalantly reaches over and raps the table in front of Hawk to remind him he's here on business, not to flirt with the local trollop. Mick then gets to his feet and puts on his hat, pulling on the brim in a nodding salute to Xiao.

"We'll see you in a few days then, Businessman Xiao." he says.

Sean Mercer steps up and adresses Mick

"So Captian where is your boat? I have some supplies that need to get onboard."

His use of the word captian seethes with contempt. Perhaps he dislikes the term, or maybe he dislikes the person who it is titled to. Regardless Sean picks up his black case and waits for directions.

"It's nearby." says Mick. "You'll have time to bring your gear on board, but I'll warn you now, as far as I'm concerned your job it to verify and protect the cargo. Nothing more. While on my ship you'll follow my rules or you'll be breathing thin." Captain Gannin turns back to Xiao, waiting for the preliminary payment to be handed over.

Darryl steps over to Mercer. “I can help you with your gear. I’ve got the Mule parked right outside..” He says, gesturing towards the exit with a tilt of his head.

Xiao reaches into his jacket. Momentarily, this causes Rebecca to instinctively tense. But when Xiao pulls out a small, well filled pouch, she relaxes. Xiao tosses the purse to Mick, who plucks it out of the air with ease.

“I’ve got a real good feeling about this Captain Gannin.” Xiao says as Mick verifies the amount in the pouch. “We’re going to make each other a lot of money, I can all ready tell.”

Again, Xiao smiles, he then reaches out and grabs the woman by the arm pulling her to him. She giggles while Xiao finishes. “Best hurry, Captain. You’ve got a job to do.”

Mick pockets the cash and leads his crew out into bazaar. There he gathers them around for instructions.

"Rebecca, you and Hawk get the ship ready to take us out of the world." he says to his first mate. "I'm heading to the Port Authority to see about getting a bit of cargo for this run. No passengers this time, there are enough variables on this trip already. Don't need any extra fei hua cropping up." The Captain turns to his engineer next.

"Darryl, bring the mule. We'll need it to tote back whatever goods we can lay on." he says before looking at Mercer. "You. Come with me."

Hawk looks at his Captain and says "Yes captain eta 15 min depending on Becca's remarkable skills, but as soon as we are ready we can be up in 5 min tops."

Walks away towards the ship and boards. Sits in the cockpit and starts the Engine "I love that Sound." Hawk remarks with a Smirk.

Rebecca nods her head to the Captain's orders "Understood Sir, we will be ready to leave when you get to the Molly."

She then heads of towards the ship with Hawk as she they walk along she talks to the pilot. "Hey Hawk, how about next time we have a meeting with a new client you keep yourself a little more ready for trouble. I mean I know she was real pretty an all but we need to keep our brains out of our pants."

On returning to the Molly Rebecca sets about prepping the ship and making sure everything is ready for when the Captain returns.

"Darryl, bring the mule. We'll need it to tote back whatever goods we can lay on." he says before looking at Mercer. "You. Come with me."

Sean looks at the captian. Here goes the I am the captain of the boat speech

"Sure enough, just one second please." Hank grabs the black case in front of him. He hands Darryl a duffel bag. "Thank you for taking my gear. Could you place this your medical facilities please?" Hank still with his black case turns to Mick "Ok I am ready"

"Darryl, bring the mule. We'll need it to tote back whatever goods we can lay on."

"Sure thing, sir."

Darryl takes the duffel bag and loads it onto the mule for now. "I'll make sure it gets where it needs to go when we get back." He preps the mule for departure and turns to Mick. "All good here, ready to go when you are."

Mick leads his crewman and the job watchdog down through the twisting maze of the bazaar, looking through the wares. He's not looking for flashy items, he tells his companions, but basic goods that are cheap, but specific to this world. What is fei-oo to someone here may be a luxury to thems that don't have it elsewhere. Cheap lumber here would be sought after building/decoration material on a colony of rock and scrub. The Captain keeps his eye out for such commodities as he talks to the new addition to their little group.

"So you're going to be the watchdog for the job, eh mate?" he asks over his shoulder as he moves past a woman selling gourd replicas painted up like plastic replicas of real fruit. "That's fine, that's fine. We've all got our jobs to do. Ours is to get the cargo and bring it to those that need it, and your job is to see that happens as it should. Of course that means that until we actually have a cargo you're not going to be all flamin' useful to us. In short, you're just a passenger, dong ma? You'll be restricted to passenger areas and your belongings will be stowed and secured for the trip, just like any other passenger. When we get the goods you can fix a bunk in the cargo hold for all I care and it'll be your own little kingdom, but until then your job is to stay out of the way."