Sign in to follow this  
TheBachelor

Space Cowboys

Knew it, I am the captian, la dee daa

"Listen Mate, I am nobodies little watchdog, in fact they haven't invented a leash that will hold me yet. I am a highly trained medic who happens to know what to look for on our little mission. Are you qualified to do a DNA analysis? If I wanted to be a spy I would still be with the fei-oo Alliance. Now here is the real deal, bub, I am here just to get paid. If you want to treat me as a passenger, fine. But know this any and I mean any medical emergency on your boat handled by me will cost you since I am only a passenger. However this can be negotiated later on should you feel the need to treat me other than cargo."

Sean looks for understanding on the captian's face.

From his seat on the Mule, Darryl watches the exchange between the two like a spectator at a tennis match.

The captain seems about to respond, when he sees exactly what he’s looking for. A merchant is selling fresh tropical fruit, cases of it; including unripe bananas, the kind that will fetch a pretty penny on Yellow Dog.

Mean while, back at The Molly. . .

Rebecca and Hawk arrive back at the ship and go about the tasks of prepping the ship. Hawk sees that the Cortex received a private message for the Captain in their absence.

Mean while, back at the ranch. . .

Shepard Church stood in the doorway waiting patiently. His flock of one, Sam Wingo, sat at a large mahogany desk in his richly appointed office, reading from a leather bound book.

Church coughs to get the ranchers attention. He succeeds.

“Yes, Shepard?”

Church’s voice is a low rumble, like thunder. “We’ve received a wave from your agent in Sky Harbor, on Valkyrie. He reports that the transaction is now underway.”

Wingo closes the book and, for the first time, looks up at the Shepard, a broad smile on his face. “Excellent! Contact O’Shannon on Yellow Dog and let him know that Mr. Mercer and the ship are on their way.”

The Molly McGee, Sir.”

“Pardon?”

“The ship, she’s called The Molly McGee.”

“Well, we best get busy. We’ve much to do before her arrival.”

"Hold that thought." says Mick, cutting Sean off. He goes to the fruit broker and buys as many cases of the fruit as the hundred they got for the job will allow (minus the amounts needed for fuel and landing fees). After helping Darryl load them onto the mule and instructing him to take it to the ship. Capt. Gannin then turns back to Mercer....and gives him a powerful clout on the jaw.

"It's a deal." said the Captain.

"Hmm, I will have to let the captain know about the message." Not having looked at the message Hawk just makes a note to himself to let the captain know there is a message when he gets back.

Hawk then looks around for any food on the ship and finds a Apple in his Pack. Bites into the apple. (he forgot he left it there a while ago) Still good he takes another bite. He sits in the Pilot Chair, the only place he finds that he belongs.

Hawk then puts his hands behind his head (along with his apple) and closes his eys just waiting for the Captain to get her and smirks.

Hawk then says, "This is going to be fun."

Darryl grins and holds back a chuckle.

"You sure have a mighty way with words, Sir."

He finishes loading the last of the fruit and, on command of the captain, begins to head back to the ship.

Sean finds himself on the ground rubbing his jaw. He slowly gets up and dusts himself off. Shaking from anger he breathes twice deeply and calms down. He turns to the captian

"Luckly for you we don't have time for these shanagins, just remember I owe you one Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng."

"Just whatever you think your body can stand, sonny-boy." grins Mick. "Now that the 'Welcome Aboard' is out of the way, lets see about getting back to Molly and getting off this rock."

Rebecca leaves the unused crew cabin she has prepared for Mercer (no since giving that shee-niou Mercer a luxury cabin, particularly if they might be taking on passengers), just in time to hear the mechanical whir of the gang plank lowering coming from the cargo hold. She makes her way down the tightly spiraling stairs into the hold. There, she sees Darryl parking the Mule, crates of fresh fruit and Mercer’s gear secured on the rear.

The two of them quickly begin unloading the fruit and stacking it in the hold when Mercer and the Captain stalk up the plank into the ship. Mercer is sporting a fresh welt on his chin.

Hawk looks up and sees a light on the panel flash indicating the gang plank is open. Hawk gets up to leave and walks to the Cargo hold, so to greet the crew. he takes his apple and eats it while walking. Upon seeing the captain he says, "Captain, just letting you know that you have a private message awaiting you when you have time to get to it."

"Thanks Hawk." says the Captain as he punches the button pulling up the ramp and sealing the ship. "Take us out of the world. Darryl, stow the fruit along the wall and attach the conductor rods to keep them cold, but save one crate. That one we'll have for ourselves. Rebecca, we'll put Mr. Mercer in the Presidential Suite. Please take his bag there.

[[[ Putting him there as since he's not regarded as part of the crew (yet) he will have restricted access. He can't get to the bridge or such as he could from the crews quarters ]]]

"Now then, Mr. Mercer," says Mick turning to face his disgruntled passenger, "shall we continue our discussion?"

"Now then, Mr. Mercer," says Mick turning to face his disgruntled passenger, "shall we continue our discussion?"

Sean turns to the captian, takes off his pistol belt and lays it on the deck. Turning around very quickly like a cat he throws an upper cut towards the Captian. "I would love a chance for rebuttal."

"Already doing it Captain, so no real passengers then ? Cos I wouldn't want to waste the fine linen on a non paying one."

Then as she sees Mercer attack the Captain. "Oh GOS SE, CAPTAIN is this a private and pre-arranged discussion or something that I need to be worryin' about ?" Asks Rebecca as she sees the passenger throwing a punch at the Mick, she overrides her normal reaction which would be to just shoot him as she noticed a welt on his face and figures this fight may have some justification.

Darryl, stow the fruit along the wall and attach the conductor rods to keep them cold, but save one crate.  That one we'll have for ourselves.

"Sure thing," Darryl states as he parks the mule fully.

He begins to unload the crates, setting one aside to make sure he leaves it away from the others.

"Hope these are good"

Darryl turns as the captain says this. 'hmm, this could get interesting' he thinks to himself as he sits on a crate to watch.