Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheBachelor

Space Cowboys

Recommended Posts

Mick staggers back from Mercer's punch and shakes his head with a grimace-smile on his face.

 

"We can spare the sheets for now." he said to Rebecca as he slowly walked around his opponent, sizing him up. "Xiao may have put him on our boat, but our friend here isn't part of the crew. I don't want him having access to anything he shouldn't, so he goes in the passenger areas."

 

Mick suddenly steps forward with a one-two combination...one to the stomach, and one to the jaw as he 'converses' with their passenger.

 

"It's all about responsibility and trust you see." he explains. "We don't know you from Buddah so even if you're some hotshot medic with the smarts to verify whatever gorram cargo Xiao has saddled us with, that doesn't mean we're going to welcome you with open arms. Until you have a cargo to inspect, you ARE just a passenger and will be treated as such."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean bends over and coughs, and wipes the blood from a small gash on his chin. He then takes a fighting position and throws a jab to the Captians kidney.

 

"Then as a passenger on this little journey I will have to charge the going rate for surgery, should you or your crew get injured. Its a rough world out there, like I said before I am here for the money. However you will need a medic eventually, even sooner perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the fight gets going Rebecca grabs the gun from the deck and then moves back out of the way. "Gosh makes me think how we ever survived before you arrived. Well as this does seem to be a private fight shall I just get on with my duties then Captain ?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawk just smiles as the "Conversation" Ensuses and says to Rebecca, "I got my money on the Capn." "He always seems to finish things" "You in Becca?"

 

Still watching the fight, tempted to join in but like the captain said, it is a private conversation."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Now I know you don't expect me to bet against the Captain, Hawk. Cos if this gentlemen wins then I will be obliged to shoot him with this mighty fine Lemat revolver of his for beating up on my Captain. No-one gets to do that round these parts, well no-one except me. And you know how I hate to kill someone before lunch time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well only someone incredibly stupid would hit the captain on his own ship well stupid or brave but I am not in a generous mood this morning so I am sticking with stupid."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It's right neighborly for you <unnh! jing-tsai hit there!> ...for you to offer your services, but it's a might uppity of you to go and assume that we'd just put you in amongst us nice and cozy. Xiao's rep puts him as bit of a shiong-mung duh kwong-run, so you can see why we might not trust you right off the bat. You're not a prisoner, but you won't gorram have run of the whole ship either...not unless you give me a damn good reason to allow it. When we get the cargo you'll have a good chunk of the authority, as you're the one hired to deal with it, but that has no basis on the trip there and your status up to that point."

 

Mick brings his knee up as in a groin attack, but it is a feint. As his debate partner moves to defend himself, the Captain brings his arms in like a pincer, slamming both fists into either side of the man's temple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean knees give out and double visions of the Captian appeared for what seemed like an eternity to him. Shaking his head and clearing out the second image Sean regains his balance "Listen I am not a Grease monkey, nor a fly boy so I could give FAY-FAY duh PEE-yen about what happens there. Besides Xiao's rep maybe shady but he hires the best for the job. All I was saying if you happen upon a job in transit I want in, like I say I am in for the money. Plus having a doctor on board might score you some points with the locals you might visit."

 

With his last sentence and while still being in a semi crouched position Sean plants his left hand down and sweeps his legs towards Micks calves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air escapes Mick's lungs as he falls on his back, but quickly he rolls to the side and gets to his feet, opening the distance between them.

 

"Are you saying you want to be hired as part as of the crew?" he asks surprisedly. "Wuh duh ma huh ta duh fung-kwong duh wai-shung doh! Sean m'boy, you have a certain bass-ackwards way of looking for a job! Where I come from a body is invited before the enter someone's home.

 

"I tell you what." says Mick, moving in with several quick rabbit-punches to accent the points of his discussion. "<punch punch!> You give me something to work with...tell me why you want to be taken on here. You know about the cargo...<jab jab!>...fill me in on just what we're picking up and what you're supposed to do with. If you play straight with us and give me a reason to trust you, then when this is over we'll see about keeping you on, but until then you're an outsider and you're just going to have to gorram live with that!" <punch-jab-POW!>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean puts his hand in the air as to signal a stop. "Fine, we are supposed to pick up a 'specimen' for Samuel Wingo. He is supposed to be some big time rancher. Word has it that his bulls are being poisoned with something that makes them shoot blanks. By specimen I can think of three things we are required to pick up; either an antidote which is unlikely, or some 'seed' which is more likely. Or another possiblity is we could be picking up some live cattle. This too seems far fetched gathering the small size of the ship. Now how much we are carrying is a different matter. Again I wasn't filled in on specifics all I am here for is to insure the 'vaibility' of it. As far as why I want on the ship that is a personal matter more of a A and B conversation."

 

Sean looks to the crew that are watching the fight waiting for the captian to dismiss them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I see." mused the Captain relaxing his posture. "Each of those are pretty legitimate cargoes. No reason to smuggle them unless he wants 'em on planet without those that are doing the poisoning taking offense. Ok then, We'll discuss the rest of this as we get underway." Mick turns to his crew.

 

"Hawk, put us in the Black. Rebecca, keep an eye on our sensors...might as well beat the rush and get a little paranoia now. Make sure we're not overly noticed leaving. Darryl. Finish stowing the cargo then get your tools ready. I'll have a little job for you to do later. You know your jobs people. Mr. Mercer and I will <groan> be in the infirmary."

 

Mick leads their guest up the stairs into the lounge area. A spacious hemisphere, Mercer can tell that in it's day this was an oppulent room. One end of it bulges out into a galley area and across from it are the doors to the passenger cabins. There is a reinforced hatch that leads to the crew area and bridge, and across the lounge from it, is a doorway, which the Captain leads him through. Inside is the infirmary. Not large, but relatively well stocked. There are two large first aid cabinets on the wall, and the Captain opens up the right one. From it he pulls a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean looks around and smiles to see bourbon in the first aid box "Nice infirmiry." He opens a jar of cotton balls and dabs at the blood on his chin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Better care than Mum herself." said Mick as he filled the glasses and set out some painkiller chasers. "So.... what's your story?"

 

[[[ Fade to black if you want the conversation to be via PM... your choice ]]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darryl. Finish stowing the cargo then get your tools ready. I'll have a little job for you to do later.

 

"Sure thing, sir"

 

Darryl grins as he gets back to unloading the crates. "Any time spent with a tool in hand is always worth spending," he thinks to himself as he stacks the crates.

 

He finishes unloading and stacking the crates and grabs his tools. "Time to see what the captain wants." He leaves the cargo area and begins searching for the captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...