Sign in to follow this  
TheBachelor

Space Cowboys

"You, Mr. Mercer, and I will see to the job." says Mick, turning to his First Mate before looking at his engineer. "Darryl, take the fruit to the market and get the best price you can for it. Contact me when you're done as we may need the Mule to bring the job cargo to the ship."

"Hawk," says the Captain, turning to his pilot, "you see to topping off the fuel and pull down any happenings from the local cortex." The Captain hands out comm boxes to the crew before he reaches into the locker to pull out a shotgun.

"Everyone keep in touch. This shouldn't take long so do your jobs and don't wander off." he says. "Let's go."

Sean fills Mick and Rebecca in on the plan on their way to the Worker’s Theatre

OOC I am assuming you gave his stuff back before departing. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point of going.

As they exit the ship Rebecca goes into her cabin on exiting she is carrying Mercer's pistol belt she passes it over without a word.

On hearing the plan she turns to the others "Easy place for a setup and only one easy way to get out. If things go wrong it could get nasty."

"I'm all for peaceably doing the job nice and simple. Its a public place so I don't think they'll be getting too worrisome." observes Mick. "Not unless the whole crowd is in on it." The Captain checks the ammo of the scattergun he's carrying and pumps one round into the chamber with an ominous <Clack-click!>.

"That would make the odds just about right."

Sean takes gets his medical case from the cargo bay. He then checks his pistol to make sure it is loaded, satisfied it is he straps it on and heads out to the theatre.

Yellow Dog stinks. . . Literally. Of sulfur and burned bacon. Ling-Lang Harbor is crowded and depressed. Armed guards in tan corporate uniforms are everywhere. They don’t seem the least bit concerned with the firearms that the crew is carrying, nor with the cargo that Darryl has loaded onto the mule. Their only concern seems to be the cargo that is being loaded onto departing ships, which they are examining fastidiously.

The trio of Rebecca, Sean, and Captain Gannin make their way to The People’s Theatre. It is a large semi-circular building in the center of the settlement, in the “culture and arts” district. according to the signs. The marquee outside the theatre proclaims “The Taming of the Shrew” and beneath that, “Sold Out”.

The market, where Darryl finds himself, is very different from the one the crew visited just days ago on Valkyrie. While that was a series of open air stalls, this is more accurately described as a collection of auction halls. Most of the auctions are dedicated to selling the company mined ore, but one is designated as “Miscellaneous”, that seems to be where people are selling assorted import goods.

Back at the Molly, Hawk saw to the details of the ship. It was busy work and dull. For some reason the captain rarely seemed to trust Hawk to go with him on the job.

The pilot was busy taking care of the fuel, when, from behind him he hears. “Shen di yu! It’s the Molly!”

Sean looks at the sold out sign " Don't worry there should be three tickets in my name." Sean walks up and looks for the call window.

Hawk stands up with an odd expresion. (He does not like it when he is disturbed)

Hawk then turns around and looks at the person and states,

"Yes, this be The Molly decent ship if I say so myself, and fastest to if I am at the Drivers seat, if ya know what I mean."

"What you need?" As Hawk starts washing the grease and oil off his hands

After a few moments of looking, Mercer spots the Will Call window. It is staffed by a single rotund fellow with a permanently pleasant expression plastered onto his face. Mercer quickly returns from the window. Much to Rebecca’s disappointment, he carries three tickets.

Back at the Molly, Hawk turns around and sees a pair of men standing near by.

One is short, maybe 5’5”. He has an olive complexion and thick black hair that is drawn into a ponytail, which is slung over his shoulder. He’s wearing a clean, slick looking suit, grey in color, with a matching fedora style hat. He leans heavily on a brass and dark wood cane. As out of place as his attire looks on an industrial world like Yellow Dog, the oddest aspect of his appearance is a pair of glasses he wears. The left lens is clear, the right has a deep red tint.

The man standing slightly behind him looks much less out of place. He’s tall, with a thin face and an average build. He has close cut dark hair and a thin layer of stubble on his chin. He wears a grimy white tee-shirt with a green logo on it. Hawk doesn’t recognize the logo, but the Chinese characters beneath it read “New Pretoria Green Sox”. The man is also wearing a weather beaten brown long coat, different in color from the one Rebecca wears but similar in cut. A pair of banderols cross his chest, and he wears a low-slung hip holster.

The shorter man speaks, and Hawk can tell that he was the one who spoke first, “You’re the pilot, eh? Mick Gannin still the captain?”

"Yep, I am the pilot."

Looks up and down at the two people making sure he doesn't offend them in anyway.

"Yes, Gannin is still the captain, who wants to know?"

Looks back and forth to the two people and pulls out a stick of gum from his pocket and starts chewing it.

Even though Kyle was behind his business partner he had a clear view over him towards the mechanic looking, but apparently pilot, man in front of them. It was something that had always made him chuckle at least slightly to himself, that he could get into business with a man whom he almost dwarfed by a foot. He looked the pilot up and down, then took a step around his partner so that he could get a closer view of the ship that went by the name of the Molly McGee, it was a bit old now in comparison to some of the rides he saw flying about, but it was a decent another ship. He was pretty sure he'd even been on one in his youth; he seemed to remember his dad piloting a ship like that before the war. Kyle shook his head and looked over at the pilot as he gave his answer. Kyle would let Eddy answer that one; it wasn't his place to do the talking, not when Eddy wanted something out of the talks. He wondered to himself what Gannin was like seeing as they'd be working together shortly, if Eddy got his way.

Sean hands out the tickets to the captian and Rebecca. "Well time to see if this cargo is on the up and up. If something is wrong with it I will use the excuse of going to the bathroom. But how might we extricate you two? Perhaps a ship emergency?"