Sign in to follow this  
Steven Page

Atlanta Reaper Painter's Group

It's time for another Paint meet at the Warroom. Let's meet from 1-5 sunday afternnon, then go next door for dinner at the Chinese restaurant.We'll have another door prize, and lots of stimulating conversation. Spike will again take pictures of Works in Progress and bring some finished minis too.

If you don't have anything to paint, come anyway. I've got a dozen figures to get folks started.

For directions, see the Warroom

I'm nearly done with this month's door prize. While not as ambitious in scale as Steven Page's August Surprise, I'm trying something new: lighting. I'm happy with the proof of concept, and am looking forward to the final assembly. I'll have pictures in the next couple of days.

Ooooh you got my curiosity going now. Also thanks, Orsino, for offering to help solve the lighting problem. ::D: I somehow suspect nobody was keen on borrowing my kewt ikkle blue-elephants desklamp.

I'm also going to be bringing a bit of new scenery for photo backdrops, and will be doing mini-portraits again this Sunday.

Ooooh you got my curiosity going now. Also thanks, Orsino, for offering to help solve the lighting problem. ::D: I somehow suspect nobody was keen on borrowing my kewt ikkle blue-elephants desklamp.

Uh-oh. I meant only that the door prize itself is lit. It's kind of a gimmick, but I was wondering whether it could be done at all--and now I know for sure.

I want to thank everyone for a fine afternoon of painting and socializing at the Warroom. Special thanks to Orsino for providing the wonderful piece of scenery that Spike won! And hats off to young Tommy, for proving to be the fastest painter of all:four paint-in-takes done in two hours! Pretty good work for a youngster, too. watch out Jester!

I hope some of you can be at the Warroom next Saturday afternoon for Warlord!