It's that time of year again!

pae

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too concerned about the impact of skiing downhill on a normal run. I am more concerned with the survivial rate of my knees the first time I wipe out, and have a fall that makes the old ABC Wide World of Sports "And the agony of defeat" fall look like a little tumble.

I don't get snow here. Ice? Sleet? Yes. Snow? Maybe mixed in with the ice and sleep, but not enough for even a snow ball (and if there was it would turn into an iceball and hurt when thrown).

Just once I'd like to know what a white Christmas is like. Just once.

Ary, just 4 hours north of ya gets at least one good snow day a year. We had enough ont he ground this year to make pretty good sized snowmen.

Of course, the year before that we had an icestorm that put more ice on the ground than that snowstorm did. The next day it semi-melted then froze over again, and we had solid sheets of ice on the hills. Rode down it on rocking chairs. :)

No way... no talk of snow yet. Puh-leeeese! It's actually in the 70's this week... in Buffalo.. No talk of snow yet... let me fool my self a little longer (and give me some more time to work on my 'speed up global warming' issue. Last winter was TOOO COLD!)

Hey, don't feel bad. We're riding in the 80s here in eastern Washington, and the snow level was at 6000 feet just last week. Like it or not, the white stuff is on it's way!

A friend of mine told me that you don't ski down it. He said that you hit the first mogul, then you land at the bottom. He didn't elaborate on whether you land upright or in one piece.

Mmm, Outhouse, top of the Apollo lift, requires 185cm skies minimum. I love it, one of the most challenging runs at Winter Park.

And to top it all off, my season pass for Winter Park arrived in the mail today.

:bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

Hey do locals get discounts on lift tickets and the such?

Anyone can get discount tickets if you know where to go. Its still pricey though. Ski passes are by far the best way to go. However, right now I can't afford to shell out my mortgage payment for ski passes. ::D: