is Sir Danarel the first printed Reaper model?

is printed the same as 3d printed? I assume so, but I've never seen a 3D printed model that wasn't brittle. This plastic is pliable and has really clean edges. There was a few strings attached and while painting I noticed that there were a few bumps that I should have cleaned up first....however, if this is the future of 3d printing I'm very happy. This solved all the problems I've had with 3d printed models in the past.

07076_w_1.jpg

20230320_194941.thumb.jpg.e8039b1c89a83b2ddd63f98b934209df.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing you have to remember is Reaper isn't using printers that most Etsy dealers are using to sell their wares. 

I do believe starting next month they are going to showcase the 3 sets in Bones 6 Kickstarter that will be 3d printed at Reaper. The next 3 months will have a bugbear, lizardfolk & orc? to show you want you'll be getting from the KS. They've said they are the "missing" minis from those sets, as they'll be different then the sets.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, haldir said:

The one thing you have to remember is Reaper isn't using printers that most Etsy dealers are using to sell their wares. 

I do believe starting next month they are going to showcase the 3 sets in Bones 6 Kickstarter that will be 3d printed at Reaper. The next 3 months will have a bugbear, lizardfolk & orc? to show you want you'll be getting from the KS. They've said they are the "missing" minis from those sets, as they'll be different then the sets.

I need to get in on that. I was very impressed with how crisp Danarel is ....it just makes painting more enjoyable and gets great results

• Like 4

Yeah, I’ve painted a few of these since last summer (the graveyard wraith, the gnome accountant, belevos the wizard) and the wizard was the only one I noticed any surface patterning on, and that was just on the top of the hood.  I just finished the Thess Ironfaith figure, and it might well have been one of the crispest plastic minis I’ve ever painted.  Cleanup on all of them was very minimal, and the nubs seem to scrape to a very smooth finish.

• Like 3