Gaming at Reapercon 2023

buckyball

What games do people want to play at the convention? What games are people planning on running?

I am asking because, in the past I have had games fail to get participation and I have had games that were popular enough that we ended up running extra sessions in the main room

buckyball

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see and play, 

Stargrave

Frostgrave

Ghost Archipelago 

Silver Bayonet

Draculas America

Pulp Alley

Blood and Plunder

Blood and Valor

Strange Aeons

Witchin Hour 

Bolt Action

Yes I like skirmish games and am easily distracted by shiny new games.  

Every year I tell myself I will run some games and every year something happens.   Hoping to bring something this year to run.  Might dig up my man o war ships.  

B

• Like 1

I ran two games of Rangers of Shadow Deep Incinerator last year. The players were new to the game, but they picked it up quickly. So I will probably do that again

I would like to run a higher level game, but it is hard to find players who have Rangers lvl 10+

I would like to play Stargrave, Frostgrave, or Ghost Archipelago, but those might be better for pick up games

buckyball

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, buckyball said:

I ran two games of Rangers of Shadow Deep Incinerator last year. The players were new to the game, but they picked it up quickly. So I will probably do that again

I would like to run a higher level game, but it is hard to find players who have Rangers lvl 10+

I would like to play Stargrave, Frostgrave, or Ghost Archipelago, but those might be better for pick up games

buckyball

We need to talk. Maybe we can schedule some complimentary times for the 4 games you're talking about.

• Like 1

Stargrave

Frostgrave

Ghost Archipelago 

Battle tech

CAV

Rangers of Shadowdeep

Pulp Alley

All sound interesting. I'm familiar with most of them. My issue is that I'm teaching classes, so pick up games would probably be the best for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

We need to talk. Maybe we can schedule some complimentary times for the 4 games you're talking about.

I was thinking that if we could set a table up for say Rangers of Shadow Deep, the same table and terrain could be used for a game like Ghost Arch afterwards.

We could skip blocks of time. Say 2-4 on Saturday then 6-8. The intervening two hours might be used for a quick game of something else.

Or we could have all formal blocks of time 2-4, 4-6. 6-8. The downside I see here is that if a game went over by say 20mins it would impede on a scheduled game; which might be a big deal. But it would be less of a big deal if the game was an informal pickup game

buckyball

• Like 2

My stay at the convention is Thursday through Sunday. So I would prefer to front load my games. I think the introductory games could be Thurs evening and Friday, and maybe a higher level game on Saturday. Sooo what if we did Frostgrave or Stargrave Thursday evening and maybe RoSD Incinerator on Friday with a break for Stargrave? The Stargrave board could use the Lava terrain from Incinerator. Then RoSD Ghost Stone scenarios 1, 2, &3 on Saturday. Ghost Stone scenario 1 is outdoors ruins. Ghost Stone scenario 2 is some huts. Scenario 3 is a river coast with a small pier and a boat; this could work for Ghost Arch afterwards. And the climactic scenario for Ghost Stone would be on Sunday morning. This might be too ambitious. But I could always abort and run a different scenario if we don't get players for the two higher level games of Ghost Stone. I ran Blood Moon for some relatively new players back in 2019 and it was popular.

An alternative would be to run RoSD Incinerator on Friday. Then Stargrave on Saturday and alternate with the sci-fi version of A Fist full of Lead. And maybe work in an elaborate game like Blood Moon.

buckyball

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 6:19 PM, buckyball said:

I was thinking that if we could set a table up for say Rangers of Shadow Deep, the same table and terrain could be used for a game like Ghost Arch afterwards.

We could skip blocks of time. Say 2-4 on Saturday then 6-8. The intervening two hours might be used for a quick game of something else.

Or we could have all formal blocks of time 2-4, 4-6. 6-8. The downside I see here is that if a game went over by say 20mins it would impede on a scheduled game; which might be a big deal. But it would be less of a big deal if the game was an informal pickup game

buckyball

I'm up for games but I won't have a time schedule until classes go up for sale.  After the vendor hall closes we'll be getting dinner.  So it's either an afternoon with no classes, or 8-9pm start for me.  

• Like 2

Not that I'm sure I'll be able to come, but would any of these games be accessible to someone with essentially no understanding of 98% of ttrpgs?  The 'no experience necessary' game of dnd I played at last year's Origins left me completely confused, frustrated, and with no understanding of the game aside from that my only rpg, Dragon Storm, has basically no mechanics in common with anything else.  Also slightly horrified at the number of mind control 'date rape' spells the magic users were pulling out of their hats.

Otherwise, anyone like Ticket to Ride? Crayon games? 

• Like 1