Gaming at Reapercon 2023

buckyball

On 4/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, Inarah said:

I'm up for games but I won't have a time schedule until classes go up for sale.  After the vendor hall closes we'll be getting dinner.  So it's either an afternoon with no classes, or 8-9pm start for me.  

I'm looking for more games starting around 8-9 pm as well!

I like to play DND 5e games that are fun, not horror or sexual. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/25/2023 at 11:53 AM, Corsair said:

Okay, I guess I will try to run 4 blocks of games. Now, should I try to run one block of Stargrave, Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago and Rangers of Shadowdeep, or 2 each of two of these games? The choice boils down to running Intro games of the 4, or an Intro set and then a follow on set.

Which would most folks who are actually wanting to play/try these games and which ones?

I would love to try out each of these games, so my vote is for all Intros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NOLA Chris said:

Has anyone run Talisman?

Fun board game (roll your dice and move your mice type) for adventurers,

uses figures on the board

Never heard of it. Mouselings are always popular.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:53 AM, Corsair said:

Okay, I guess I will try to run 4 blocks of games. Now, should I try to run one block of Stargrave, Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago and Rangers of Shadowdeep, or 2 each of two of these games? The choice boils down to running Intro games of the 4, or an Intro set and then a follow on set.

Which would most folks who are actually wanting to play/try these games and which ones?

I'm still interested in Stargrave, but it's going to depend on which classes I get and those aren't on sale yet. 

As for the games, ask yourself if you want to prep for 4 different games, or for 2 games which get repeated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm still interested in Stargrave, but it's going to depend on which classes I get and those aren't on sale yet. 

As for the games, ask yourself if you want to prep for 4 different games, or for 2 games which get repeated. 

Some classes are on the schedule, but not yet on sale. Did you check out:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/reapercon-test-2023/schedule#?query=&eventtype_id=499BC016-39C1-11ED-822D-CAF1A5E0D88F

buckyball

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, buckyball said:

Does anyone know when signup for classes begins?  I remember last year they mostly filled up very quickly, so I don't want to miss the launch day.  On the other hand I will be traveling, and it would be nice to know ahead of time whether those become available on a day I'll be on the road or when I'll be home.

2 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

Does anyone know when signup for classes begins?  I remember last year they mostly filled up very quickly, so I don't want to miss the launch day.  On the other hand I will be traveling, and it would be nice to know ahead of time whether those become available on a day I'll be on the road or when I'll be home.

Last year it was sometime in June July. I think they are waiting for everyone who submitted class ideas to actually submit those classes before everything goes live.

They generally announce when the classes will go live & they generally stick to that date & time (normally around noon Reaper time).

• Like 1

Last year classes went on sale July 6.  The year before it was the end of July. 

A few popular classes will sell out instantly, but there will be many. many seats available for weeks afterward.  New classes will be added over the summer as the stragglers get their descriptions in. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, haldir said:

Last year it was sometime in June July. I think they are waiting for everyone who submitted class ideas to actually submit those classes before everything goes live.

They generally announce when the classes will go live & they generally stick to that date & time (normally around noon Reaper time).

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Last year classes went on sale July 6.  The year before it was the end of July. 

A few popular classes will sell out instantly, but there will be many. many seats available for weeks afterward.  New classes will be added over the summer as the stragglers get their descriptions in. 

Thanks.  I knew when it happened last year, but I did not know if that was typical, and I was not sure if they had said anything definitive yet.  I think I missed out on one class I wanted in 2022 even though I signed up the first day, but I thoroughly enjoyed the classes I did take.  I need to look at what is available so far for this year.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 11:13 AM, NOLA Chris said:

Has anyone run Talisman?

Fun board game (roll your dice and move your mice type) for adventurers,

uses figures on the board

I've played it many times, both virtually and with actual board (with multiple expansions). It's simple, but the dice gods can make a game stretch far longer than it should. And the more players, the slower it can get.

Maybe I should bring some of my Tiny Epic games. Some of them (Tiny Epic Dungeons) do come with minis (currently unpainted).

A crazier idea would be to bring my used copy of Battle Masters I found in a thrift store. The box is long gone, the minis are dusty with the most basic of paint jobs, but the game is complete.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

On 5/23/2023 at 12:49 PM, Cranky Dog said:

I've played it many times, both virtually and with actual board (with multiple expansions). It's simple, but the dice gods can make a game stretch far longer than it should. And the more players, the slower it can get

good point... probably better as a late night pick up game than an official run one...

One of my dreams is to make a big 4x6' modeled terrain table for Talisman for conventions.

• Like 1