Enchantra

What's up with the boards?

Several times today me and a few others have not been able to get to the boards much less the Reaper Main website. We either get a connection timed out notice or an error message reagarding the server being unreachable. Any idea why this is? I thought maybe it might be a gateway down somplace but I was wondering if there were problems with the new server?

Ditto. Happened to me tonite. I got a bit miffed, I must say. I thought it was just my POS computer 'cause it's been screwing up a lot lately (I think it's feeling its age- it's a PII, 300 Mhz). Thank the gods I have a new job now... maybe I'll be able to afford a new one after I get a car!

Same here, from about 6PM to 9:30 PM ish eastern time my connections were extremely slow or non existant. I figured the server was being brought down for maintenance or Jeanne was hitting Texas or something. Not a big deal, I got to pay closer attention to the Sox clinch a playoff berth! I hope it was nothing serious, but I also had faith in Kit righting the ship.

We began having intermittent trouble around 3 PM, September 27. After going over all of the equipment inside the building and not finding anything obviously wrong, I called our upstream service provider and opened up a trouble ticket. A few hours (and many jiggled wires) later, it is reported that a T3 patch was replaced on their end in order to address the issues. So, if it makes you feel any better, this was a problem for many other companies, not just us.

I have good word that the issue has been addressed, but I'm in early this morning to make sure.

kit

Kit, thanks for the update. I am glad to hear it wasn't a glitch surfacing after changing servers, although one would have hoped that any lurking glitches would have surfaced sooner.

You didn't even have to give us any sort of an update, but you did. Further proof how great you all are as a company to your customers and/or addicts ::D:

Thank you.

Hey Kit, you mean that I don't have to replace my POS computer? DANG! And here I was actually HOPING that it would throw up the blue screen of death at me just one more time... :devil: Thanks for the explanation, though ::):

Hey Kit, you mean that I don't have to replace my POS computer? DANG! And here I was actually HOPING that it would throw up the blue screen of death at me just one more time... :devil: Thanks for the explanation, though ::):

If you wish, I can still cook up a plausible excuse for you. Just say the word, and I'm there for you, man.

kit

Greyhawke, make sure you back everything up, remove any sort of surge protectors, and then just nuke the computer when no one else is around, even better is to wait until a stormy day/night and then blame it on lightning. :devil:

Greyhawke, make sure you back everything up, remove any sort of surge protectors, and then just nuke the computer when no one else is around, even better is to wait until a stormy day/night and then blame it on lightning. :devil:

Hey Quick, that's a really good idea. However, I think that this darn thing would just PLAY dead and then come back to haunt me!

Because of solar flares, the average life-span of a pentium II computer has been brought back to 6 years. After that time the chip starts emiting a signal which the chip manufacturer can read out of the power lines. This allows them to track the old computers and target the user to purchase a new system before the Pentium II cpu melts completely. The clock is ticking.

Is that a reasonable excuse? ::P:

BTW... thanks for the offer, Kit, but trust me, just one more blue screen of death and this thing will know what it means to feel the Wrath of GOD... well, the wrath of Hawke anyway :devil: DEATH FROM ABOVE! Die you blasted computer, DIE!

Hey Kit, you mean that I don't have to replace my POS computer? DANG! And here I was actually HOPING that it would throw up the blue screen of death at me just one more time... :devil:  Thanks for the explanation, though ::):

Because of solar flares, the average life-span of a pentium II computer has been brought back to 6 years. After that time the chip starts emiting a signal which the chip manufacturer can read out of the power lines. This allows them to track the old computers and target the user to purchase a new system before the Pentium II cpu melts completely. The clock is ticking.

Is that a reasonable excuse? ::P:

Ooooo... do you think it will burst into flames? :huh: Huh, huh..huh,huh... fire's...cool. Yeah, yeah, fire,fire,fire,FIRE! Shut up, Beavis, before I kick your (BLEEP)!