• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Sorry, stuff happened this morning

June 9

What is the best game you've never played?  (In order words, what looks fun or interesting, yet you haven't played)

Not necessarily what you're asking... My gaming group is on a sort of hiatus while one of our number has a child. In the meantime the remainder of the group has been discussing what kind of short campaign we could play until our current game can start back up again. I suggested DMing a group of militant chefs wandering the land in search of the perfect ingredients. Because when the recipe calls for dragon, wyvern just won't do. Unfortunately no one has wanted to play that idea. I've got the whole campaign pictured out in my head and have even painted a bunch of PC minis with cooking implements in matching kitchen outfits. It would be so much fun. Alas, my group are a bunch of fuddy duddies. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

June 9

What is the best game you've never played?  (In order words, what looks fun or interesting, yet you haven't played)

I really have no idea.  There are lots of RPGs and board games that I would love to try out, and a few video games over the years.  I can't even think of one I would choose to try right now. Then again, while I do like trying new things, I also tend to prefer the familiar to the new.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

June 9

I'll go with one that I bought but haven't played yet. Stargrave. We played a lot of Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadowdeep a few years ago but never made the jump to Stargrave and haven't played any mini games for about a year.

• Like 9

June 9

I'd say Minecraft. Particularly the building gigantic models or Rube-Goldberg contraptions parts of it.

I know I would get addicted to it.

• Like 10

June 9

Most of them. Haven't had a proper gaming group for years, so haven't had a chance to play a lot of games that I have

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

June 9

Most of the games I see, unfortunately. 

I really would like to play Fury of Dracula one of these days,  though.  I picked it up off Amazon on a really good sale but it's never hit the table. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

June 9

All the games! I remain a wannabe gamer.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

June 9

I'm probably gonna say Starfinder. Other then GMing a few session here on play by post, I've actually never have ran or played the game. Just no interest in it here locally.

• Like 11

I have a lot of games that I've played the base version but not the expansions.  Have them, just have to teach the game group the base game first, and a few are learning challenged. 

Maybe takenoko chibis expansion? Have hopes for missus and baby pandas. Or the two for tokaido, it's such a pretty game.  Not to mention the three window expansions for sagrada. 

Full-on new to me games, hoping mariposa will be fun.  Ordered during the pandemic at the online gencon sale, haven't even opened the box.  

• Like 10

June 10

Are you going to Reapercon?  Have you bought tickets, made travel plans, etc? 

June 11

If you're going, what classes or games to you intend to sign up for (or help run)? 

If you're not, what classes or events to you like to participate in when you go to a game or hobby convention? 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

June 10

Not going.  Travel and lodging costs are rather expensive first and foremost, and then there's the Texas heat.  On top of that is just how terribly the airlines have been handling things the past little while - I hear way too many reports of cancelled or over-booked flights, and especially the insane amount of delays forcing you to book several more days of vacation (and lodging) just to have extra buffer space for such things.  Yes, Texas isn't as hot in September, but it's still rather warm, with average highs of 31C and lows of 19C.

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

June 11

If you're going, what classes or games to you intend to sign up for (or help run)? 

If you're not, what classes or events to you like to participate in when you go to a game or hobby convention? 

I don't really do the convention thing anymore.  By the time you factor in lodging, and a small spending budget, a single weekend is easily over a thousand dollars for the two of us, and in this case, that's before factoring in the costs of getting to and from airports, the flights themselves, and the fact there's currency conversion involved adding in another 35% to everything.  Go back twenty years I enjoyed them, but also found them overwhelming, because even some of the local ones that originally didn't see traffic that was too too heavy wound up becoming rather full of people, and it was...  Problematic.  These days me and crowds really don't get along, so I tend to avoid conventions in general.

If I were to participate in classes, I honestly have no idea what I'd want to take.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

June 10

June 11

No, I can't make a big holiday weekend away from family.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

June 10

June 11

June 10th:

Yes! Everything is in line for the trip. Now hobby-wise, still working on that.

June 11th:

Since this will be my last one (at least for a long while), I will be running 6 5e games. They'll be up on the schedule under my name (& forum name) but it's pretty much 2 games per day, except Sunday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1