I'll do my best to remember to take some pics and post in the morning - flowers on the antlers are done, which means technically that section is finished, whoo!  I also started another page in Creatopia since I expanded my collection of Copics almost three-fold (from 10 to 28), and will be acquiring another 60 Ohuhu Kaala markers (the Illustration set, because I desperately need pinks and purples, and whatnot). 

Might have figured out this whole light to dark blending thing without having to do a ton of blending that winds up muddying up things too, so I'm especially happy there! 

• Like 2

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update time!

20230616_052643.thumb.jpg.e8a1b8ea78711c031062f241298f1add.jpg

As previously mentioned, flowers and leaves are now done, and so it's on to another part of the picture, and I still have absolutely no idea what colours I'll go with for the stag itself.  I'm sure something will work itself out though!

20230616_053005.thumb.jpg.627a8fbdb8c328435d708875b7a50699.jpg

With adding another 18 Copic Sketch markers to my kit, and having another 60 Ohuhu Kaala on the way (the Illustrator set has purples and pinks I'm in desperate need of) I wanted to do another page, and the very first one pretty much jumped out at me.  A few things on the lighter fish wound up helping me click with the blending thing, and a few different ways to go about it, which is another reason I picked up the Ohuhu Kaala Illustrator set because I want to give their product another good chance as I realized I was doing things a little off kilter, and wanted to see how they'd react to this newer, simpler way of doing things that I rather like...

• Like 4

Got started on The Stag's body.  This is two sessions in.  I'm not sure which way I want to push the colour of the body though, it requires a bit more thinking...  No idea what layer count is at now.. :ph34r:

2104910457_20230622_2145182.thumb.jpg.6b18f2563f6b7a6b07b18cae2f42003b.jpg

But knowing me, it will probably get a shift towards an earthy orange, possibly reddish orange, since it's already sort of leaning that direction. 

• Like 4

Let's get a bit of life back into this thread again, eh?

20230725_152123_1x1.thumb.jpg.d0e909b8c0790859a9fdbe11fff3ea3c.jpg

Calling this one done, bringing me to a total of seven pieces for the year (I may do a thread for the other three, although we shall see, they were technically test pieces to figure out which paper I liked the most).

20230725_160709_1x1.thumb.jpg.d1d1462ce28fd1b18ccd2c29a7dfaca3.jpg

And started on another page in Creatopia.  My Ohuhu Kaala's aren't bad, but I greatly prefer my Copics as they behave very differently (and predictably), so I'm going to just focus on getting my paws on more of those.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, KruleBear said:

All are very cool. The stag gives off a Dr.Seuss vibe. 

Even though it looks like a simple scheme like the dark fish for some reason.  

Indeed, I'm rather happy with it, as it was where I said "well, let's see what I can do with just greys".  There's something nice and intriguing about it's simplicity

• Like 3

Hello thread I totally forgot about... 

Anyways, some progress on The Stag! 

20240111_204129.thumb.jpg.f14b62854710a34f4ba5eac8fca7dd22.jpg

I've got the 100 pack of Inktense pencils on the way, so I suspect they'll be involved with the background.  Kind of thinking sometime in blue hour (between dusk and twilight)... 

• Like 4

Hopefully this works.  Started working in the background with my Derwent Inktense pencils.  Paper's notoriously thirsty, so working time is rather limited, and after this I might not use them in the book again, but I'm still going to finish things with them!

EDIT: Aaaand that would be a massive nope, I can't post an update.  Whee.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1