Sign in to follow this  
kit

RSS Feeds

Would you use a RSS feed for Reaper News?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a RSS feed for Reaper News?

• Yep.
    • Nope.
    • Huh?

So, I was thinking (looking for a momentary diversion from Reaper Games, actually), and I got to thinking about this RSS button that appears in the bottom of some sites in Firefox and, soon, Safari. I kind of like RSS feeds myself, and though there's not a ton of updates on our news page, would some of you find this sort of thing useful? I always like learning new things.

kit

An RSS feed is a way of encapsulating a news thread into a feed that can be loaded in a browser or a non-browser viewer written especially to read such threads. Basically, it's a way to read the headlines and the accompanying article content without having to load the home page.

kit

Depending on how active reapergames is that would be a prime spot to use an RSS feed so learning how to do it now so it can be dropped onto that site is a great idea. Also support of open source is alsways good.

okay, i voted no...

but if you had an RSS feed where I could choose which threads to monitor - ESPECIALLY so that I would know when one of my players posts in a game I'm GMing here on the boards, but also so I would know when posts go up in games I'm playing - THAT would be very useful to me & I would turn it on in a heartbeat. I use firefox faithfully and would love to be able to access that feature in a useful way here.

Let me make clear that even tho' I was counted as a NO vote, I only voted that way because of the previously expressed view that the News segment here is updated so rarely that I check this website MANY times between updates.

The primary use for RSS is to reduce time spent checking the website when you're afraid of missing something.

I just don't fear that with the news segment here, but I DO fear it with regard to playing threads. I actually think I would be more productive in many others areas of my life (specifically my WRITING!) if I had that so i didn't interrupt my own thought flow all the time wondering if there's anything I should be doing in one of the games here...

So that's my long answer:

No for announcements, I'm here too often.

Yes if we can pick our threads - it would be tremendously helpful.

thanks for thinking about this Kit!

cd