More bugbears!! Grenadier Bugbears, sculpted by Andrew Chernak

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

I'm pretty sure back in the day they came back in a blister pack of three, and I'm not sure if the third one was different or if it was a repeat of one of these above.  Anybody have any idea?

It was a second one with the axe.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

It was a second one with the axe.

Thanks, this means I've got them all!

6 hours ago, Max Retainers said:

Love the bugbears recently, they all look great! I like the eyes, the look evil and mischievous. 

The eyeballs were with sculpted irises, so they were carved into the eyes, so needed to fill them with red, then the white "dot".

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great work!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

• Like 3

I love the old school love! These look great - high point is the armor and shields! I longed for these back in the day, but I didn't get enough money until they disappeared from my hobby shop... ah the days of saving up and taking the bus to buy minis!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great work on these guys!

I have them both in my collection,  and they're even painted. 

At least I know the one with the sword is.

It took me years to get my own painted, just got inspired by my bugbear-a-palooza. If I didn't have the Stonehaven bugbears, I'm pretty confident that these would be unpainted still, even though I'd have them on bases and primed already for a few years now.

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

I love the old school love! These look great - high point is the armor and shields! I longed for these back in the day, but I didn't get enough money until they disappeared from my hobby shop... ah the days of saving up and taking the bus to buy minis!

These are such fun classic figures, I'm glad I finally got around to painting them.  I think way back when I'd seen these in my game shop, way back then never got a hold of these, and these are actually EBay acquisitions from a number of years back.

We used to live within biking distance for a number of years to our local game shop, and luckily when they moved locations we ended up being old enough to drive. The store was also a book shop that had lots of fantasy books, so most of my disposable income back then went to books, miniatures and D & D books, which back then were maybe the five original books..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

These are fantastic! Love seeing the old school minis still getting love.

So many of these oldsters in peoples' basements and garages, storage facilities, need to be pulled out to see the light of day and have some wonderful colors slapped onto them!

• Like 2