2023 ReaperCon Reaper-ite Bingo Signup

Pegazus

22 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Thank you all for playing and hope to see even more of ya next year!

Thanks for doing this.  It was a lot of fun.

My goal for next year will be to get a card before Saturday.  And maybe I will be easier for people to find.  Unless I wear some sort of disguise...  hmm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

My goal for next year will be to get a card before Saturday.  And maybe I will be easier for people to find.  Unless I wear some sort of disguise...  hmm...

Which, ironically, would make you easier to find. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, GoldenPiggy said:

have you considered a bowler? :devil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Thank you @Pegazus again for the brilliant concept, the bowler hats (though small for many of us swelled heads), and to allow people not on the cards to participate.

And an additional thanks for finding and bringing @Rainshine to me to get my Black Out ribbon. "The bare foot guy" was not enough of a description for many con goers.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

...and to allow people not on the cards to participate.

You're the second person to mention that. I will have to be more clear next year I guess. There has always been two ways to play: to be on the card and to just be given a card. I've never limited it to people just on the cards.

I think that's mostly understood since I gave out nearly twice as many cards as I had players. I always bring the PDF files in case I need to print more.

• Like 6

People who had a card always told us anyone can play, so that helped a ton in that area. Finding Pegazus was the fun challenge. This was one of my favorite ribbons to do during the event. Thanks for all your hard work everyone on the card and to you as well Pegazus for making it 😀 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I really do appreciate the appreciation.

Came up with a challenge for next year to card players that goes beyond blackout and requires a player to find every person that volunteered to be on a card. First thoughts for the ribbon reward were “show off” and “overachiever”, but thinking of less obnoxious titles. So far, “people person”, “beyond black”, and “black on black” are vying for that honor. The card itself may have a Pokemon theme (a 2024 ReaperDex maybe). Hmm. That card may allow ReaperPeeps to be on it too. Add a bit more “meet everyone” type vibe.

Also, wife suggested adding a small white bar where the found person would be able to sign. Think a small white circle in the corner might be easier (space is limited as it is) and look nice.

So, open to suggestions for next year. 

• Like 6

Thanks again Pegazus!  It was a blast playing again this year. May create an account on the forums for my son. He wanted to be on the cards next year. 

I personally like the ideas of the “show off” and “overachiever” ribbons. I think it’s in fun and not obnoxious, but that is my feelings. We do have other ribbons floating around that have really fun ways to get them.  

I do like the idea of a “Dex”, but find Bingo so much fun. It doesn’t require you to meet everyone all at once but still encourages getting out to meet. Having the Dex after it I know will be a blast. I wasn’t sure if some folks had made it back this year. 

I don’t have any suggestions for the marking where they are. I wonder around quite a bit. 

Edited by Jeepnewbie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

In the past I have only really had issues with signing very dark squares (as based on relevant art). Some people solved this with metallic sharpies or other bright colors, but a small white circle would be a great place to check off a square.

I recognize that not everyone wants to pay out for a snazzy, personalized stamp for this purpose. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think "Completionist" has a nice ring to it as well. And I heartily second the idea of a small white space to fit initials into. I found that a lot of ballpoints just went "lol nope" when trying to sign over the colored ink. Sharpie still worked fine though. 

Thank you again for organizing this every year! I've never worked so hard for a ribbon and had so much fun doing it. 🙂

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

a small white circle would be a great place to check off a square.

Such a simple solution too. She has that knack. Was building a concrete patio and I was struggling. She asked how a professional would do it and I answered. She then said, then why don’t you do it like that? Giant duh moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

the only real requirement is... finding Pegazus ... which can be tricky the first year or so. ^^;

This was precisely my problem (and it turned into a bit of a problem for everyone else I guess...).

I don't know if I would personally go so far as to try to earn that ribbon for finding everyone, but then again I didn't think I would find everyone on my card this year either.  That said, the only problem I see with having a second card with everyone on it is that people would basically just be playing with that list instead of the Bingo card.  I suppose if one can't even get that card until one earns the blackout ribbon, that might work.

• Like 3