Mt St Helens rumblin again

haldir

scientists are predicting her to blow (well sniff) sometime soon. Seems wierd to hear about that ole mtn once again.

nuthin spectacular like '80 but enough to spark interest again. Also seems like on San Andreas fault couple small quakes in Cali too, as both are on the same line, seems like they are goin hand n hand together.

Randy M

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Egads. I remember the last time. It wasn't the May 18th one (my mom got caught in that one) but a later one that caught me and my brother at the Portland, Oregon airport. We get out of the car to do some rearranging as we're moving from Dallas to Seattle and we're at the airport waiting for mom to pick up her future (now another ex) husband (the wedding is the very next day) and since we had come through California (visiting relatives along the trip) we're dusting things off. As we're putting stuff back in the car we realize we're dusting the same things off again. Look up, and it looks like it's snowing, but it's around sevety degrees. :blink:

Mom comes out from the terminal saying they had to turn the plane around due to St. Helen and we're standing the in the middle of an ashstorm without masks or protection. ::o:

It was interesting to say the least.

Hope Jenovah and anyone else in the area stays safe.

I remember the big St Helens explosion way back. Even down here in Georgia the upper atmosphere was so filled with the fallout from the eruption that the moonrises for a week afterward were most spectacular.. The moons rose red as tomatoes and the effect of the volcanic dust caused the moonrises to appear exceptinally large.

I'm too young to have experienced the big blast, but when I was in highschool, a select few from my geology class went to St. Helens on a weekend trip.

It was amazing seeing the blast zone

The trees ... that was something to see. Everything was grey, and all the trees were snapped off near the base, and all lying in the same direction, completely bare (it makes sense, but it's still an eerie sight)

I'm here in portland - about as far from the mountain as Seattle, it's kind of in the middle.

I'm not worried at all. I follow the Geological data...but it doesn't look like there's any potential at all of a real dust up. Most likely probability is a Steam eruption.

More water in the skies around Portland - I wonder what THAT will be like! :lol:

what are yah sayin, Portland & the rest of the coast gets ALOT of rain??? ::P: I think I would switch side with you anyday, you can have the barren desert side of OR instead, ha ha

really the only method of news about MSH is by the Oregonian, the local news are more Ideehooo orientaed & it's like today MSH rumbled & now back to the Broncos................. :rolleyes:

Randy M