Wet Pallet vs. Dry Pallet

Marc

switched to wet for my last 2 projects i posted. Did it make me a better painter, maybe a little as blending and color uniformity improve when your not constantly  re-dispensing and mixing. What it saved me in spades was TIME

here it's typically 5% humidity, i would literally race to paint before the dry pallete dried out. Need to  come and touch up an hour or 2 later? with a dry pallet, forget it. Wet pallete, no problem. I spent 4 bucks on a small tupperware from Wallyworld. I use the lid as the pallete and the bottom as a cover . Use only distilled water under the parchment and mold should not be an issue as i could cover mine and refrigerate it for weeks. 

Can't imagine going back to dry pallete

• Like 1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2023 at 3:15 PM, RougeOne said:

I had problems with getting the sponge too wet, watering down my paints.  I think i have found a nice balance.

I thought bout using two sheets of the paper, Has anyone else had this problem?

This has been my method on my Masterson's wet palette.

Wet sponge - pre-soaked Masterson's paper - parchment paper.

For my needs, it strikes the right balance. I also realized that the sponge is in fact a synthetic shammy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

This has been my method on my Masterson's wet palette.

Wet sponge - pre-soaked Masterson's paper - parchment paper.

For my needs, it strikes the right balance. I also realized that the sponge is in fact a synthetic shammy.

Very nice!  I was actually having more success with 3 wet paper towels and parchment paper in a Tupperware container! 😄

Then my beloved wife got me a nice wet palette and its a bit too wet!  Thanks for the reply, Ill give the extra parchment paper a try.

• Like 1