Stubbdog

DYOM...

I have seen a few DYOM items posted recently, but no information on DYOM itself. How do we qualify for it? Where can we see past DYOM winners? Which games are eligible (Warlord, Legends, CAV, etc...)?

Can someone post links or info regarding please?

Thank you in advance.

The DYOM thing is one of the prizes in the Reaper Painting Contest. Each month, the Reaper Peeps select one of the entries as the nominee for that month. Each quarter, the Reaper Peeps select the DYOM winner from the three nominees for the quarter.

There was also the special DYOM that was put up for auction earlier this year, and went for a very large sum of money.

Some of the DYOM winners are listed in the old Casketworks issues.

Ok, went in and looked in the contest gallery of past winners. Shows me for not looking around more thoroughly before posting.

Anyway, another question...

From looking at the past winners, it is not readily apparent what it is that the DYOM jusges are looking for. There are several cases where a figure that did not even place in the regular popular voting won the DYOM area of the contest. I have to admit that in a couple of those cases I also felt the regular popular vote winners were better.. but that is based on the paintjob itself point of view, maybe the DYOM judges were looking for something different that time around.

Since the contests are over, why are the winners names not included, so that we can know who to congratulate?

I wonder if a CAV figs, that really requires a completely different style to paint than fantasy figs, even stand a chance in these contests.

Well painted CAVs have done quite well in the monthly painting contest. They usally though do not win the popular vote, and will usally fall behind in the other judging catagories.

to win the DYOM something on the mini paintjob has to catch the judges eyes, something special.

They also ran a DYOM on a online auction.

The DYOM from the painting contest is voted on by the employees of Reaper from my understanding. Who knows which will make it into the final cut, it's totally up to the staff at Reaper. And then to be one of the three, you still have to beat out the other two to get the chance to design a miniature for that quarter.

And if Reaper discontinues the whole Painting Contest, the DYOM would be gone as well...?

But I won the auction with another member (we tied), and I went for it figuring there was no way I would ever win the Painting Contest AND get a nod for the DYOM...

Who knew?

But also, the first was PAID for... the second was WON.

But I won the auction with another member (we tied), and I went for it figuring there was no way I would ever win the Painting Contest AND get a nod for the DYOM...

Who knew?

But also, the first was PAID for... the second was WON.

Oi - such modesty Jester!

I knew!!

debby ^_^

Something that's interesting, clever, or particularly extraordinary in some way. The Oswald piece won for its whimsy (I happened to be the deciding vote in that case, so I can say that). The Earth wizard before that had particularly appropriate and striking freehand on the cloak. Stuff like that.

kit