Getting to Know You - September Edition

Thoramel

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 15: Is there anything you did or got away with as a child that would have gotten you in trouble that your parents never found out about?

Topic is Classified. And none of you are on the Need To Know List. :ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents were really chill and rules light, so I didn’t bother to hide much. 
dad” why are you climbing down the outside of the house? You could use the door, you don’t have a curfew.”

me “it’s more fun”

dad “ok” 

it was kinda hard to get in trouble. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

On 9/14/2023 at 8:31 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 14: How many kobolds do you think you could fight at once and what would you be fighting them with?

Edit: Assume the Evil DM that put you in this situation only provides you with melee weapons.

Since my back would be to the wall the answer is 5.  Right left front right front left and front.  Since the GM is providing mele weapons I will take a flail tank.  Like the ones used to sweep mines on the beach on D-Day.  I is to a flail as a machine gun is to a rifle.  No range weapons but only mele.  (Who says I have to fight fair?)

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 15: Is there anything you did or got away with as a child that would have gotten you in trouble that your parents never found out about?

Less than my brother, but I did Motocross my bike on the hills between the railroad tracks.  Broke the frame of my bike.  They never did find out how that happened.

• Like 7

On 9/14/2023 at 7:31 AM, Thoramel said:

Question September 14: How many kobolds do you think you could fight at once and what would you be fighting them with?

Edit: Assume the Evil DM that put you in this situation only provides you with melee weapons.

I'm going to assume that these are the "Tucker" subspecies, and say "0."  

6 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Not really.  I was not the rule-breaking/boundary-pushing type.

• Like 6

I'm pretty sure they knew I would stay up reading by the light from other rooms streaming into mine.  They knew I hid books under my pillow. 

This was when I was little, before I learned to sleep with the door closed.  Then I could just turn the lights on. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Of course!  Isn't that the whole point of being a teenager? 

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, Thoramel said:

🤫 Oh boy...  oh boy oh boy oh boy...  Not typing that out here or anywhere else...  But to answer the question... Maybe? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I never, ever misbehaved, of course.  The only things I hid were minor infractions that were easily defensible, like staying up well past bedtime to read books.  Honestly, there were lots more things I could have gotten away with but still didn't do.

• Like 7

Weekend Questions!

Question September 16: Are you getting out of the house to do anything fun this weekend? If so, care to post a picture? If not, what's keeping you from getting out?

Question September 17: Did you get any hobbying done over the weekend? If so, care to show us a picture of what you're working on?

Bonus: If you answered no to both of the above, can you share a picture of what you're getting up to? 

I just kind of want to see everyone sharing pictures!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Weekend Questions!

Question September 16: Are you getting out of the house to do anything fun this weekend? If so, care to post a picture? If not, what's keeping you from getting out?

Question September 17: Did you get any hobbying done over the weekend? If so, care to show us a picture of what you're working on?

Bonus: If you answered no to both of the above, can you share a picture of what you're getting up to? 

I just kind of want to see everyone sharing pictures!

I’m stuck inside, like a vampire avoiding sunlight, as my eye heals from PRK surgery.  I’ll don sunglasses tonight and go see Herbie Hancock, which is super exciting.  I’ll try and sneak a few pictures.  But right now, here’s me:IMG_4514.thumb.jpeg.3a4bf5bae19ebe50c35557bd577b6536.jpeg

• Like 7

Weekend Questions!

Question September 16: Are you getting out of the house to do anything fun this weekend?

No. 
::(:

No fun for me. :ph34r:

Not easy to split up questions on mobile but grimly determined griffins can manage. 

If not, what's keeping you from getting out?

::(: …reasons…  ::(:

• Like 5