Getting to Know You - September Edition

Thoramel

7 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 22: If you could own any car/truck what would it be and why?

Can I get the DeLorean from Back to the Future?  I don't mean the same model, I mean the actual time machine.  That would be useful to have.

If not, I am pretty happy with the car I have.  I've never really felt a strong desire for a fancy car, though sometimes I think it would be nice to have a Ford Mustang convertible.

• Like 8

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I've always wanted to drive a Lamborghini with gull wing doors and a fire extinguisher in the passenger footwell. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thoramel said:

My first thought was the Knight Industries Two Thousand.  Then I thought about Doc Brown's Delorean time machine.  I'd go with the latter if I had no limits (Mr. Fusion power system and no roads needed!).  The Dodge M4S [corrected] also has a certain appeal...

But I'm not really fussed about vehicles.  I like a little storage, I like good mileage, I like reliability.  That's really the bulk of it.  I don't pay much attention to the looks or brands.

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 7

Question September 23: Happy Autumnal Equinox! It's officially Fall, the time of year when the sun crosses the celestial equator and day and night are of roughly equal lengths! While this is the official definition of the beginning of Fall - do you have any other personal definitions of when Fall begins?

Question September 24: Since we're on the subject of Autumn, do you have a favorite Fall activity?

• Like 9

Fall starts when the leaves change color not because of a drought, and the temperature consistently stays under 73°F.  So we're closing in.

I like to stomp on leaves.  I no longer jump in leaf piles for arthritis and allergy reasons, (and I'd have to rake them myself), but getting one skittering across the driveway with a good crunch! is fun.  Also not sweating to death and not worrying about frozen food from the grocery store melting too much on the way home.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 23: Happy Autumnal Equinox! It's officially Fall, the time of year when the sun crosses the celestial equator and day and night are of roughly equal lengths! While this is the official definition of the beginning of Fall - do you have any other personal definitions of when Fall begins?

Question September 24: Since we're on the subject of Autumn, do you have a favorite Fall activity?

Fall starts on the equinox.  That's a reliable measure for me.  I don't go by air temp, leaf color, or the availability of pumpkin spice cronuts, since those are highly variable and promote seasonal revisionism. 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

It marks when the temps are cooler, so outdoor activities are much more enjoyable [this Summer especially has been brutal]. And when the first cold snap hits, making the leaves start to turn, that's what marks Autumn to me.

Activities? This is when I really love my shooting competitions in these temps. Plus we enjoy going to Farmer's Markets.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Question September 23: Happy Autumnal Equinox! It's officially Fall, the time of year when the sun crosses the celestial equator and day and night are of roughly equal lengths!

Warning! warning Will Robinson!! The Equinox approaches..! Warning!

31 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

While this is the official definition of the beginning of Fall - do you have any other personal definitions of when Fall begins?

Fall = September, October, November.

7, 8, et 9 on the old Roman Calendar. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Thoramel said:

A couple of days ago I saw the first woolly bear caterpillar crossing the road.

During fall I mostly try to hang onto every warm day we still have. Leaf crunching is a close second.

*stomps through every pile of dried leaves*YAY CRUNCHIES!!!

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 9